How much kalk

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Been a while
Roughly 100 total gallons.
Lots of sps frags, but they are small corals right now
Levels are where I want them for ca and alk

How much kalk do I add to my Nelson reactor? I estimate evap is around a gallon a day (ish)

Thanks. B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what the measurements are for using a kalk reactor. I use kalk in my 30 gallon ATO. I do a teaspoon per gallon for my 140 mixed reef.

Well it can only saturate the reactor water so much .... So... Wouldn't it just dissolve as fresh water is pumped in???

SnowManSnow;1045411 wrote: Well it can only saturate the reactor water so much .... So... Wouldn't it just dissolve as fresh water is pumped in???

yes but its slow to dissolve unless its mixed so i think you can adjust how saturated it gets by changing the amount of time the stirrer is on. the less you stir the less saturated. if you only stirr for a few seconds a day then i would assume that the water added after the stir would be the most saturated and it would dilute more and more with each top off until its stirred again. so if that's true than in theory you could control how much is added to your tank by controlling how long and how often the stirrer is turned on.

The reactor mixes w a motor constantly

But yea I can control how long w apex

SnowManSnow;1045432 wrote: But yea I can control how long w apex

thats what i meant :) how many rpms does it mix at?

Back