How Much RODI Water Do You Make?

I probably average 100 gallons a week, and usually change my membrane out every 6 months or so. Sediment and carbon filters changed as needed.

My new membranes usually show 0 tds for about 3-4 months then show 1-3 for a while until I change the membrane. Monthly flushing doesnt seem to do much.

I just make sure I have plenty of DI resin on hand to deal with the final polishing so no matter what the output TDS is always 0.

I considered using the waste water to water plants, but we have sprinklers and water is cheap enough I would never see any real savings.

EnderG60;1082235 wrote: I probably average 100 gallons a week, and usually change my membrane out every 6 months or so. Sediment and carbon filters changed as needed.

My new membranes usually show 0 tds for about 3-4 months then show 1-3 for a while until I change the membrane. Monthly flushing doesnt seem to do much.

I just make sure I have plenty of DI resin on hand to deal with the final polishing so no matter what the output TDS is always 0.

I considered using the waste water to water plants, but we have sprinklers and water is cheap enough I would never see any real savings.

Yeah, not really doing it for the savings, more so the waste of water. After watching that documentary on Vice and water shortages made me want to stop wasting water. lol

LSU_fishFan;1082177 wrote: Curious how much rodi water everyone makes a week for their tanks.

On weeks when I don't do a water change, I average 40 gallons just for top off. On weeks I do water changes, I am at 100+ gallons of water made.

I am using the Air, Water, & Ice 5 stage RODI unit, and it seems I am having to replace filters every 6 months or so to keep my tds at 0.

How much water do you make, and what rodi unit do you use?

About 90 gallons a week, and I change out the filters twice a year (except ro).

I make 5 to 10 gallons a week. About 2.5 quarts a week for evaporation and a 5 gallon wc on my 29 gallon biocube. Every few months I will make another 10 gallons for my cichlid tank

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just got my brs 7 stage 150gal. a day in November. I have a 65 gallon it uses 5 gallon a week in ato and I do a 4 gallon wc 1 week then the next I do an 8 gollon wc.

I make about 20 gallons a week using about 5 gallons in top off and 10 gallon wc's every week on my 55 gallon. The other 5 gallons I top off and change water in my 14g bio cube.

Only 5g at most a week for me for my 80g

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Brett, I'm curious about what 8 stages do? (sorry to hijack, that just piqued my curiosity as that is what I do for a living - sell water treatment stuff.) Seems like there may be a lot of redundancy there, and a lot of cost to replace cartridges that may or may not be a benefit.

The rate at which cartridges and membranes exhaust, is also related to the quality of the untreated water. Cleaner tap water = longer-lasting pre- and post-di and membrane. More turbid water means burning through filters faster.

Low water pressure can exacerbate that issue too.

Jenn

I use between 80 and 120 a week. (Multiple tanks, multiple weekly wc)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back