How much rowa in TLF reactor

jaustin

Market
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a TLF reactor and a 250ml bottle of rowa. I used half and that fills the reactor about 1/4, should i use it all? And how much flow? I have a 170 gph pump on it and it's cut in half with a ball valve, is that a good flow level?

thanks, if you have any other input about this setup please chime in.

thanks again
Jason

Without knowing your water volume you won't get meaningful answers to the 'how much' question. I haven't used Rowa, but with most media I increase the flow until I see movement in the top layer of media.

Don't overdose on GFO. According to Tom Wyatt you stand the risk of creating all sorts of iron compounds that can lead to burnt tips on SPS corals. Dose for system volume.

I bought the Rowaphos, not the iron stuff, no worries about iron OD. I probably have 75 total gallons. It's a 65 tank with a wet dry and a 10 gal refuge.

ok i just learned that the rowaphos is an iron based product. But it won't leach anything into the tank unlike phosban. also here is a neat site about the two and the affect on pH and ALK.

interesting.

a>

put in about 4 inches. very low flow, just where you see the top looks like it's "about to boil".

The correct way to check flow is if you have a low level phosphate test kit (DD Merck, Hach, Elos, or Colormeter), then you test the outgoing water. When it reads 0 nitrates is where you set it.

Back