How to frag

amazingly i have killed 3 kenyan tree coral as soon as they hit the tank but the xenia were multiplying like rabbits, finally got a tree coral to stay alive and it is growing amazingly now the xenia is borderline kicking the buckett...amazing how that works

My Kenya tree dropped 1 frag on its on, 1 frag assisted by myself with a turkey baster, and 1 I just cut off in the tank with an scaple. All 3 did well, and no need to glue them to rock, they attach within ours on thier own if positioned on a small rock or shell and left in fairly still water.

The Xenia might be reacting to a change in PH, due to a recent water change or additive. Xenia will be the first softie to react to a change, but chances are, it is the hardiest softie in the tank. If your Xenia was sick because of water quality, chances are your other corals would be dead. Forgot to look when this thread was started, but i'd bet the Xenia has already made a comeback. Dakota(9)

i had xenia outgrowing 3 tanks. this stuff was everywhere.then, they just started crashing. all parm. were good so i tried a different corse of action with all 3 tanks. feed 2 of the tanks. changed water in 2 every week , the other once a month. dosed iodine in 2. all crashed. i have none anymore. i also ran carbon in 2.

this is the only type of coral i have ever lost , aside from a monti that wasnt getting enough light and flow and was overtaken by algae growth.

its a really sensative coral. you hear alot about iodine but i know that temperature changes will wip it out quick. jm2c

p.s.- i had elongata(spelling??) version

Back