How to level running reef tank?

thomas138

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good way to level a running reef tank?

I know I will need to drain alot of water before hand but is there a way to do so with out removing rock and coral?

-Thomas

What is good to do so with, and shim between the tank and stand or the ground and the stand?

Awesome thats what I needed to know.

I just dont want to cause any permanent damage..

Thank you all

You should be able to place several shims on the side to be raised. Slowly tap each one in and you should not have to drain much if any water. We re-shimmed gmpolans tank (150 gal) 3/4 full.

Fish Scales2;579789 wrote: You should be able to place several shims on the side to be raised. Slowly tap each one in and you should not have to drain much if any water. We re-shimmed gmpolans tank (150 gal) 3/4 full.

We have a water change coming up in a few days so I'll just do a larger one and level it while the water would be out anyways.

How have things been Chris? good to hear from ya

if it takes longer then expected, just spray some water on the corals to keep them wet and you should be fine for at least 20 min

EnderG60;579859 wrote: if it takes longer then expected, just spray some water on the corals to keep them wet and you should be fine for at least 20 min

I'll make sure to have a spray bottle on hand ready to go

thanks for the tip

EnderG60;579859 wrote: if it takes longer then expected, just spray some water on the corals to keep them wet and you should be fine for at least 20 min

That and turn the lights of when you expose them to air.

They go a lot longer then 20 minutes in the wild some times. I know Ive left a coral for at least 2 hours on accident and never had any problems .Flying army told me he left a bunch of zoas out over night once .

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">YouTube - Corals at low tide Fiji</div>

Acroholic;579868 wrote: That and turn the lights of when you expose them to air.
Will do, Thank you

MarkL;579872 wrote: They go a lot longer then 20 minutes in the wild some times. I know Ive left a coral for at least 2 hours on accident and never had any problems .Flying army told me he left a bunch of zoas out over night once .

Awesome video its wild to see colonies that large out of water

MarkL;579872 wrote: They go a lot longer then 20 minutes in the wild some times. I know Ive left a coral for at least 2 hours on accident and never had any problems .Flying army told me he left a bunch of zoas out over night once .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfOBqEPX6GM">YouTube - Corals at low tide Fiji</a>[/QUOTE]

That's insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfOBqEPX6GM">YouTube - Corals at low tide Fiji</a>[/QUOTE]

Tell me he wasn't walking around on all that just to take some YouTube vid!:eek:

Back