Humane way to put down a fish?

tebriel;209092 wrote: What reasons are there to "put a fish down"?

You have learned to hate the SOB after it has eaten and or killed half the stuff in your tank and you don't want it to have the satisfaction of living one more day. <span style="font-size: 11px;">Did I say that out loud?</em></span>

Someone told me to place the fish in a container with some water and add alka selzer. The CO2 displaces the oxygen and causes them to suffocate.

mikeup6;209109 wrote: Vodka to put the fish to sleep
While I can't really say how any hobbyist could possibly know a fish is definitely terminal, I'd say gradually increasing vodka in the water (drip) would eventually cause it to check out in the most humane and easily accessible way I can think of.

The original point of this thread (who cares? I don't) was for you to view THIS THREAD HERE:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1451165">The birth of serial killers</a>

however, I am happy to say that I am glad that a few of you missed that link, your responses show how our club is so much more community orientated. That LINK IS PRETTY SICK, albeit it is pretty hilarious at times (page 3 especially)! I know that we are not perfect, as most of us have made many mistakes a long the way, but through it all, we are such a better club then any community out there.:thumbs:

Ralph

Back