Hydor Koralia Pumps

Maroons15 wrote: Thanks man but by the way it sounds it will be awhile because of these darn Maxi jets lol.

"Man.... I really hate when I buy reliable equipment that lasts nearly forever. I'd rather blow my money on junk that locks up after a couple weeks."

marinedepot.com has these for cheep (at least cheaper than DFS)! $40.00 for the 850gph model.

MattTVI wrote: marinedepot.com has these for cheep (at least cheaper than DFS)! $40.00 for the 850gph model.

Cool, they must have just gotten them -- I've been looking on an off on their site ever since DFS raised theirs. It looks like MarineDepot is charging DFS' original price.

I might go ahead and buy the Koralia 1's then.

David

Lol thanks man. He's lovin life, But he needs to start eating Formula one because I am not going to always feed him mysis like he wants me to lol. How's that light workin out for you?

dawgdude wrote: But for my serious question.....im guessing this guys are NOT livestock friendly (ie slice and dice a BTA) and I dont see any way to easily make it that way like you can with a maxi. Any ideas?

Pretty much the only thing you can do with these is place them where the anemone can't/won't go. For example, near the top where there's nothing below but sand (no rocks). I believe I posted a picture of my setup earlier in this thread. The fish, snails, shrimp, etc. have not had any problems with these powerheads.

Hope this helps.
David

Pheads are a risk you run w/ BTA's... not sure what I'm going to do to protect the BTA, but I'll figure something out.

BTA's will float around looking for a new home sometimes, that is how they manage to get sucked into Pheads you normally would then they'd avoid... :(

Maroons15 wrote: Couldn't you cut a filter pad out and rubber band it on there?

The only issue with that, is that oval shape to the koralia's makes it difficult to get a snug fit w/ the filter pad, the more rubber bands you use, the more restriction to the flow, the hotter the phead gets, etc...

here's what I did w/ the TUNZE 6060, these plastic zip ties look better, imo, and they last longer than rubber bands... :)

TUNZE.jpg
alt="" />

Back