I am going to try it

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
i have been thinking about this and i am going to do it. its time for me to make my own calcium reactor. i am sick of looking at everyones tank and wondering why mine doesn't grow like that. i dose ca and alk on alternating days but i am sick of doing that so i am just oging ot make my own reactor. here is the one i am thinking of going with you guys let me knwo what you think

a>

Cool, I'd love to see a some picture of the "in process" portion. Keep us informed...

someone didnt go to the meeting last night :p .... on serious note is hard to find locally and typically you must order it online. Jin had some a while back though.

sagent3000;150592 wrote: i have been thinking about this and i am going to do it. its time for me to make my own calcium reactor. i am sick of looking at everyones tank and wondering why mine doesn't grow like that. i dose ca and alk on alternating days but i am sick of doing that so i am just oging ot make my own reactor. here is the one i am thinking of going with you guys let me knwo what you think

http://www.melevsreef.com/dj88.html">http://www.melevsreef.com/dj88.html</a>[/QUOTE]

After meeting and listening to Marc at the meeting last night, I'm still star-struck enough to say abosultely-for-sure-100%-definitely-YES: go with anything and everything he has on his site.

:eek:

I have been running a modified version of DJ88's original reactor for about 4 years now. They work fine, however the venturi isn't needed. I am using the same MAG 3 for 4 years, I'm kind of surprised it has lasted this long... When you build it, make the upflow section much wider than the downflow section, it seems all the media melts in the upflow section, not so much in the downflow. See the first revision of my reactor below.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
152457=9519-117-1795_IMG.jpg
>
152457=9519-117-1795_IMG.jpg
class="gc-images" title="117-1795_IMG.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Melev is awsome!! as for Weld-on you can get it at Mcmaster-Carr, they are on Fulton industrial BLVD. If you have any trouble getting it let me know, I have connections.... ;)

JJ

Schwaggs;152457 wrote: I have been running a modified version of DJ88's original reactor for about 4 years now. They work fine, however the venturi isn't needed. I am using the same MAG 3 for 4 years, I'm kind of surprised it has lasted this long... When you build it, make the upflow section much wider than the downflow section, it seems all the media melts in the upflow section, not so much in the downflow. See the first revision of my reactor below.

can you post some more pictures of your because thats looks hot. what are the dimensions

Sure, These pictures aren't all that much better... I built it as big as I could to maximize the acrylic sheets from Home Depot. It about 12" wide X 6" front-to-back and 18" high.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
153157=9553-117-1793_IMG.jpg
>
153157=9553-117-1793_IMG.jpg
class="gc-images" title="117-1793_IMG.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
153157=9556-117-1796_IMG.jpg
>
153157=9556-117-1796_IMG.jpg
class="gc-images" title="117-1796_IMG.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Calsac has weldon 16.

They're local and carry a crap load of it. $8.50 per tube.

Schwaggs;153157 wrote: Sure, These pictures aren't all that much better... I built it as big as I could to maximize the acrylic sheets from Home Depot. It about 12" wide X 6" front-to-back and 18" high.

can i just buy yours?

i called a Laird plastics they won't have any for 5 days, piedmont plastics wan'ts a $50 minimum any one know of any other places

I happened to have bought some WeldOn this morning to restock and add to my supply. I got mine from
a>. I'd recommend getting some

do you have any 16 for sale that i could buy? i am trying to build a calcium reactor and i want to use the weld-on 16 but i can't find it anywhere

Sorry - I just bought enough for me. I was just letting you know in case you wanted to order some. I've also bought locally from
a> - there's at least one branch in the area.

For just walk up, or for shipped orders? I'm pretty sure I spent less than $50 last time I went in there...

i just called them and thats what the lady told me i didnt tell here weather i was shipping or picking up

Back