I broke my skimmer... now what?

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
My Coralife 175 skimmer stopped bubbling a few days ago. While trying to trouble shoot it last night I basically broke a part that I can't even name.

I've already ordered an expensive replacement upgrade skimmer, I've been putting that off for a while. It will take a few days to get the new one and maybe a few more before it breaks in.

What should I do differently in the meantime? I have a heavily stocked 90 gallon tank.

A couple of extra water changes should do the trick. Maybe slow your feeding down a bit.

EcoReefGuy;1022107 wrote: Water changes

This.

The coralife wasn't doing much for you anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Bubble Magus 7, which is a good upgrade. The Coralife pulled a good deal of crap that looked like Yoda in a blender and really seemed like it was not too far behind others I saw when looking at friends tanks. I think my biggest mistake, that I did not realize in the beginning was that they never do what they are rated for. My Coralife 125 would be more reasonable on a lightly stocked 75 gallon or below.

Back