I got so many reef safe limpets it's stupid

tbub1221

Reaction score
My frag tank has only a clown fish and a small yellow tang in it so there hasn't been any predators in this tank for more than a year so it just exploded in population in these reef safe limpets , i regularly scrape up 20 or so and feed them to my wrasses they luv em , I've considered adding a wrasse but there is no top or sand , I can cover it if needed but idk what a good wrasse to add that doesn't need sand would be.
I have a few of these in all my tanks that I see now and then but I got thousands of theses baby ones , I've seen some get to dime size but most are the size of a match head . There great glass and crevis cleaners .. what do I do with all these things?
20151121_182550_zpsxuuqkuzr.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Keep feeding them to the wrasses like you are doing now. If you really want a wrasse in the frag tank, put a Tupperware container of sand from the display tank in the frag tank.

How about a Six Line? I wouldn't recommend a Six Line in a DT because many are just plain mean!

Hey, congrats BTW :)

People who have problems with colonial hydroids would LOVE to have some.

Post them for sale or for free. Mention that they eat hydroids.

Seems a shame to do away with them, when people look for them they can never find them.

Jenn

You can always make a wrasse box filled with sand, made out of acrylic and put in your frag tank.

Bcavalli;1060678 wrote: You can always make a wrasse box filled with sand, made out of acrylic and put in your frag tank.

Interesting idea! Do you have any personal experience with it?

ElitheLion;1060680 wrote: Interesting idea! Do you have any personal experience with it?

Used a tupperware bowl for a Yellow Coris Wrasse I had in QT. Worked perfectly.

JennM;1060677 wrote: People who have problems with colonial hydroids would LOVE to have some.

Post them for sale or for free. Mention that they eat hydroids.

Seems a shame to do away with them, when people look for them they can never find them.

Jenn
Yea I think it's reef cleaners that sells them .75$ each.

Anyone who wants some is welcome to them.

The "wrasse boxes" work great for us as well. We usually hide them behind the rock work if you don't want to see the container.

Maybe bring them to club meetings as give-aways? Jenn is right there are a lot of people usually looking for them with no luck.

Sounds like you're sitting; well maybe not sittin', on a gold mine and you didn't even know it. Post a price and they'll come. Hurry up, before the rush this Friday to purchase other things like electronics, bigger tvs, and other things that are needed in the household for entertainment. Or we all could save some money on entertainment items; wait for the Pres (Rich) to post something here at ARC :D .

Wannabee

The original gold rush was in Georgia... but that's a whole other forum ;) (Look at my hobbies under my avatar...)

JennM;1060699 wrote: The original gold rush was in Georgia... but that's a whole other forum ;) (Look at my hobbies under my avatar...)

Let's just call this Georgia's Second Gold Rush!! No pans required on this one, maybe just a small plastic bag and a rubber band; and a finder's fee of course. I'll have to go back and read the prior posts to see whom is eligible for the finder's fee :D .

Wannabee

I should get a commission since I'm the first one who suggested selling them. I usually charge 30% but I'll do you a solid and only charge 20%. :lol:

Jenn

I have hydroids ... Id be interested in as many as you could spare..what would you like for them? I live in Marietta, but drive right past you on weds on my way to Milledgville.

I'd love some if I can get out to you. Wouldn't be until after the holiday. I board an alpaca out in Social Circle so go right by you when I go out to the farm.

I have even ordered some of these but they arrived smelly and, well, dead - after a shipping delay.

Back