i hate coraline i hate coraline I HATE CORALINE!

Yah I've got a 1 gallon bottle of urea you can have. It's half empty but I can fill it up for you. It should keep the coraline away for sure.

Also, if you can figure out a way to drop your calcium to around 280 coraline will stop growing. I know this, as my tank was around 280 and the coraline stopped growing. Oddly I didn't lose any corals, except for 4 RBTAs. :)

half empty? You pessimist. I assume you think Obama is only half white?

reefscape;133363 wrote: wow ....I love the stuff...send it my way
if i knew how to do that i would

FutureInterest;133365 wrote: Yah I've got a 1 gallon bottle of urea you can have. It's half empty but I can fill it up for you. It should keep the coraline away for sure.

Also, if you can figure out a way to drop your calcium to around 280 coraline will stop growing. I know this, as my tank was around 280 and the coraline stopped growing. Oddly I didn't lose any corals, except for 4 RBTAs. :)
no thank you i am just going to use a mag float with scrapper, and get some more corals that soak up aton of calcium any recommendations?

I say change your tank over to an acrylic tank, coraline never seems to grow on acrylic and if it does all you have to do is tap the outside of the tank and it falls off.

Just had to :) sorry

after you install the MH you will want it back, make sure you go with 10k if it does not kill it, it will slow it down.

i am also going to be swaping tanks out the weekend of the meeting so lets see how it works out.

I was kidding about the acrylic, coraline is a much bigger problem in acrylic because you can't just scrape it off. just wanted to make sure you knew that.

plaese post a pic. I am not sure you have coralline issues. I havent seen a coralline yet that can grow to annoting dimension in 1 day.

Sandpaper works great... and the more you use it the less coraline you see... well the less everything you see, but at least you don't see the coraline :)

Victor626nj;133328 wrote: if you add more corals they will take up most of the calcium and alk and it should drop...i dont believe your calcium is that high though ........i dose my lfe away and cant keep it that high ...is your tank special or something .....buy a mag float 15 bucks .and buy a scrapewr for 10 bucks just make sure you take the scraper out of the water every time you use it
i guess you could consider my tank special cause mine never drop below 450 or so.:shades:

Coraline algea growth is a good thing. When you find the thing stops growning; that is the proper time to cry and tell the forums about the situation.

I hate it sooo bad...(acrylic tank) and mine doesnt come in as that nice pretty pink....It grows in at a dull green...Not quite OD green buy bland green...Figures...

Put some 1000w lights over your tank. Take a look any of my
onblack.php

Those were painted in place to make me feel like I fit into the "reef scene"... :)

WOW, Chris, your tank is beautiful! I hope mine will look half as nice one day!

Back