I love this fish!!

zanski

Market
Reaction score
Since I can have him yet I figured someone here would love this guy.

product_info.php

Wooooo...a little to much for me for such a small fish.It must be pretty rare,it doesnt look all that much different than your typical firefish IMO.

helfrich_144.jpg
>http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/files/helfrich_144.jpg</a>

This one has better color

Now that one is a differnet story.Beautiful fish.But still a little pricey for Me.I guess if I had only a nano I could spend that much on one.I think if I were going to spend that much on a fish it would be a nice tang.Cant wait till I set up My 475 so I can fill it full of tangs.

I saw one at PL Alpharetta today...I think that was it. Very nice looking fish.

I have 6 of the normal firefish in my tank. They are one of my favorite fish. Its nice to see them school together. I got the red ones but sometimes I have seen purple ones which look even better.

I actually prefer the purple firefish coloration to the helfrichi. Another big plus is the cost.

xFileDisplay.php

I have the purple firefish and its colors are stunning once it settled in. I have heard they are nice in schools but how many make a school for this fish and can you mix them?

i have seen nice charateristic from just 3 fish, i bought a further 3 to see how this would change. I left the very next day to go to Germany for 4 weeks. I'll tell you next week if anything has changed.

I love the firefish but I am affraid they wouldn't do well in my semi-aggressive tank. The purple is particularly stunning even if it is more common.

Back