I need a o-ring for MRC calcium reactor

wildernets

Market
Reaction score
I think my o-ring is done. Need to replace it. Checked online but wanted to see if there was another source. Does anyone have an idea of the size? I measured it at 4.5 inches but I want to make sure.

They have the same useless description SEA has, Small, medium, and large. I would have to assume that the sizing is the same also. Not sure if it is a fit. What ever happened to a measurement for the size?

SIP(South Eastern Industrial Plastics) in Smyrna.
http://www.sipga.com/">http://www.sipga.com/</a>
It should be a Spears Schedule 80 union. It will have the part number on the coupling.

There is no union on the reactor. The top piece is a CNC'd plate. I called them anyway just in case and they do not have a o-ring or way to get an o-ring that size.

pa8a4uhu.jpg
alt="" />

wildernet;932889 wrote: They have the same useless description SEA has, Small, medium, and large. I would have to assume that the sizing is the same also. Not sure if it is a fit. What ever happened to a measurement for the size?

MRC dealers (SEA) know which o-ring goes to which product (or should know anyway). So, unless you have an oddball product, the factory part will fit perfectly.

Standard Reactor CR-1. It is old but I cannot find anyone that can tell me if that matters. There have been several owners of MRC. I'd imagine it has just changed with improvements or sourcing options.

Skriz;932913 wrote: MRC dealers (SEA) know which o-ring goes to which product (or should know anyway). So, unless you have an oddball product, the factory part will fit perfectly.

wildernet;932919 wrote: Standard Reactor CR-1. It is old but I cannot find anyone that can tell me if that matters. There have been several owners of MRC. I'd imagine it has just changed with improvements or sourcing options.

I think you can trust what Raj said!

wildernet;932887 wrote: SEA does not have them. Any other sources?

Um, yes we do. In stock.

The reason there is no sizing, is because these ring distort, and cannot be reliably measured. However, if you have a genuine MRC calcium reactor, we have the o ring for it.

I sent my wife with the o-ring and none could be found. In your store. Today. I believe the SEA rep she spoke with gave her what matched closest.... She forgot that this was for a MRC reactor. But I hoped that the SEA rep could have made up for that.

No matter. I placed an order with McMaster carr based on the measurements of the routed grove in the plastic of the reactor.

O-rings distort.... I was able to get a measurement and order based on a measurement. Similar to how the o-rings were originally ordered by MRC and SEA. You guys did not tell your source "I'd like 50 small, medium, and large o-rings." It is just how you market them.

wildernet;932972 wrote: I sent my wife with the o-ring and none could be found. In your store. Today. I believe the SEA rep she spoke with gave her what matched closest.... She forgot that this was for a MRC reactor. But I hoped that the SEA rep could have made up for that.

No matter. I placed an order with McMaster carr based on the measurements of the routed grove in the plastic of the reactor.

O-rings distort.... I was able to get a measurement and order based on a measurement. Similar to how the o-rings were originally ordered by MRC and SEA. You guys did not tell your source "I'd like 50 small, medium, and large o-rings." It is just how you market them.

Ah yes, I spoke to your wife. She said your calcium reactor had an octopus on it, but wasnt sure the brand. I suggested Reef Octopus, and she said she thought that was it. She never once mentioned it was an MRC product. I certainly wouldve helped her. We did compare your oring to the MRC small (which is what it would be), and your o ring wasnt the same dimensions. It was thinner diameter material and circumference too. Thats strange. Are you sure thats the original o ring?

I do not know how MRC orders them. However, I do know how I order them from MRC, and thats in small, medium, and large. And all anyone would need to do is ask for the correct oring for an CR-1, and it wouldve been able to tell her. I wasnt given that information.

You ordered off the routed groove. That is measureable. However, the orings distort. Weve seen it time and time again.

Regardless, I hope you get it sorted out and get the correct oring/ Feel free to return the oring I sold your wife for a full refund.

Yea no return. I'd like to but I got a little over zealous with my, diameter modification techniques. And I was so close. Anyway. I&#8217;m very aware she did not tell you. All I can do is drop my head there. The reactor I have is old. This is why I was after a measurement. I imagine somewhere along the way things changed. Everything else did but the quality. I am just on a search to fix something old. It is never easy. Just for future reference though. The o-ring gap is ID 4 ½ OD 4 ¾. The gasket has a 1/8 width.
Thanks for the help you offered her.

Back