I quit.

jade76

Market
Reaction score
Ive had my last straw with this fra#$%@ hobby....I come home this evening to find that my royal gramma and my hippotang have ICK. two fish overnite? WTF? After all the algea plauges, lime overdoses, exploding heaters andf now ick....I quit.....Margi, take me off macna, ...

Sorry to hear that. I hope you don't quit the hobby. It is a very stressful hobby at times. But if it was easy everyone would have a beautiful aquarium. Just take a breather for a few and start the healing for your fish. Hope this helps.

I hope you are not serious Jeff! You've learned a lot and are just having a rough patch.

Don't give in!

Don't do it, man. Take a breath. Ick is not the end of the world. There are plently of people and resources here to help you out.

it happens, trust me i know - You still wanna hang onto that skimmer ?

<span style="font-family: Century Gothic;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="color: SlateGray;"><span style="color: Blue;">Jeff -

Don't remember signing yourself up in blood</span> for the MACNA Committee??? How would your fiancee like not having you with her on the committee???

All fish have ICK - it all depends on how they can handle it. Don't be discouraged - stuff happens, and we are all here to help if it happens badly.

I hope to see BOTH of you on Sunday at the MACNA planning meeting.

Margi</span>
</span></span>

I know the feeling, Jeff; hang in there-step back and take a breather for a couple days--the "fever" will come back-you know what I mean-

This hobby can be very, very stressful! I'm with you! I've said that many, many times...........but after some time, I take a deep breadth, and I realize that I can accept the current situation (even if I lose an animal or 2), because the rewards of just having a reeftank with all that it entails & all the facilitating & wondrous events that take place is beyond my comprehension at times. Even when things are not going well, I realize that I must have 200 things correct, and maybe only 1 to 2 things off kilter. S... happens. You'll be fine, people will help you, and you'll get through this. No "biggie" really in the "scheme of life" you know? Take some time to get away from it and think about it, before you make your call. Just a thought.

I know how you feel. We all get so frustrated at times. It i a great hobby (addiction). Just relax, calm down, let cooler heads prevail. I constantly fight cyno. It totally pi@@!%* me off. But my aquarium truly fascinates me, and look forward to reading ARC forums.

Jeff, you can not quit, you are supposed to be bringing me extention cords for the Feb meeting! ;)

Seriously though, if you want me to come over one of these days and see if I can help in any way, please PM me.

Do you know what would cure these problems? A 90 with a sump and KA skimmer. Sorry, I could't resist? I'll send you pics in the AM.

jade76;133270 wrote: Ive had my last straw with this fra#$%@ hobby....I come home this evening to find that my royal gramma and my hippotang have ICK. two fish overnite? WTF? After all the algea plauges, lime overdoses, exploding heaters andf now ick....I quit.....Margi, take me off macna, ...

Chin up man. It's not like they necessarily have a terminal disease. It's only ich.

Besides, quitters never win!!! :)

Ick, heck wait till you come home to find a 180 dollar fish on the floor, or 10+ full size sps colonies that took five years to get were they are at, white as a ghost, or even better a..... well you get the point. Me and murphy or on a first name basis too. Just feed them and cross your fingers, in this hobby you have to learn to laugh. :) :) :)

Ick isn't that bad... It is completely managable and requires little if any additional work on your part. Don't let that drive you out after all the other stuff. This one is barely a speed bump.

chin-up, man it's not that bad...a while back I lost all my fish in a matter of 5 minutes...thew the towel in sold my big 210 ,,,said that was it two days later bought another set-up...an back at it I went ...well to get to the point stay with it..

Jeff, don't quit, I just met you on the tour of tanks. Ick is treatable and you would really miss your tank later!
Sheryle:fish:

jeff ich is not the end of the world man it will pass that **** is like the chicken pox you get it then you wont see it for a long time ....as long as they are eating well let it be add some cleaners and you should be ok

Jaandgc;133385 wrote: Ick, heck wait till you come home to find a 180 dollar fish on the floor, or 10+ full size sps colonies that took five years to get were they are at, white as a ghost, or even better a..... well you get the point. Me and murphy or on a first name basis too. Just feed them and cross your fingers, in this hobby you have to learn to laugh. :) :) :)

I have to agree. Murphy is a real mailto:b@$!@*%">b@$!@*%</a>

Several years ago I kept fish only systems and lost countless fish to ick or mystery wasting. Not to mention the amount of money that I was freezing every week in the freezer till the trash man went. I stepped away for a year and half or so, then started my little reef. It has got me completely re-energized. Don't quit, take a step back and breathe. Its not that bad, especially when you have good people watching your back. :up:

Back