I think its good to have two or three thempurature probe

project1004

Supporting
Reaction score
I have added 3rd temp probe to my system and all three is showing different value.
It is off by 1.5 degree or so.

1st probe was bought with used Apex few years ago.
2nd probe was added last July with Calcium reactor PM1.
3rd probe was added 2 weeks ago with ORP probe PM1.

All probes are in the same place in the sump. Just thought it might be good to share.

33m4utt.jpg
alt="" />

I just did a water change so you see the graph looking funny. lol

You might want to see if someone has a thermal thermometer and check what your actual temp is or use a thermometer you know to be accurate. Then you can make an adjustment in Apex. I run three as well. One in the sump, one in my DT and a third in my water change station.

I didnt know i can adjust temp probes. lol

I was thinking the temp probe becomes less sensitive over time as you can see from three graphs that the new one is much sensitive compare to second one ans second one is more sensitive than the first and such.

project1004;1030666 wrote: I didnt know i can adjust temp probes. lol

I was thinking the temp probe becomes less sensitive over time as you can see from three graphs that the new one is much sensitive compare to second one ans second one is more sensitive than the first and such.

I'm sure it falls out of calibration or eventually dies over time. Just like you I had variances in new versus old ect. Just cross check it with a known calibrated gauge and adjust the variance. It's a nice option and it's easy to take the reading for granted. I think I remember the manual stating that calibration isn't needed with the temp gauge or ORP probe. But, obviously variances do exist.

Bcavalli;1030677 wrote: I'm sure it falls out of calibration or eventually dies over time. Just like you I had variances in new versus old ect. Just cross check it with a known calibrated gauge and adjust the variance. It's a nice option and it's easy to take the reading for granted. I think I remember the manual stating that calibration isn't needed with the temp gauge or ORP probe. But, obviously variances do exist.

Thanks for the info on thermal thermometer. I'll look into it.
Apex ORP probe can be calibrated using 7.0 and 10.0 solutions for pH probe. Currently I am eye ballin but closer to the new probe. Recently I have few times where temp was over 82.5. 82.5 degree and 84 degree is a big no no. lol

Back