I was productive during the power outage yesterday

weaglereefer

Market
Reaction score
After I got my tank running off of my truck, I sat around for about an hour. Then I looked at my list of projects that I never have time for realizing that I finally had some time (didn't go to bed til 3:45am when the power came back).

I made this float switch bracket for the sump on my 90 to replace my old DIY (some 1/2" PVC). The wiring is waterproof to the top of the hose and the bracket holds tightly on the side, not just hanging on there.

Old (yes, the big ugly white thing)
FloatBefore.jpg
alt="" />

New
ATOFloat.jpg
alt="" />

FloatAfter.jpg
alt="" />

Some things I learned: it's hard to break acrylic into long thin strips, it's hard to drill through thing strips, and it's especially hard to drill after you've already bent the bracket, and it's very important to make sure the hole you're drilling is big enough. The one pictured is my 3rd attempt and it's a bit bubbled (just used a lighter) but looks fine. I may do one more and paint it black.

I also made one to hold a float switch for my ATO in my Aquapod, which is yet to be set up. I figured if I was making a mess with acrylic shavings on the living room floor, might as well do em all at once...oh yeah, and the vacuum doesn't work without power...

FloatBracket.jpg
alt="" />

ATOFloat.jpg
alt="" />

Back