i was such a fool!!!!!

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
i remember when i first got into this hobby about 3 years ago. and i did some research and looked at other peoples tanks and thought "I WILL NEVER GET SPS's" my rational was they don't have polyps you could see moving with the water flow. now i can't get enough SPS's i have found a style that i like and cant stop buying them i offically think i have a problem and need help

you are so right. its kind of like letting the residents run the asylum and then putting one of the residents in charge.

I've got a ORA Blue Tort frag I can sell ya for...............hummm......only......shhhhhhhhhh.....say...$450.00! What a deal!

when did my lighting upgrade from PC (FOR SALE for any beginners sucha shameless plug) i was stuck between MH's and t-5 and looked at the pros and cons of both and went with the t-5's. now i can only have a GSP, pom pom and toadstool. and the LPS sit on the sand and still look like they are burning but i love it
> i fly home from work just to look at my tank like a little kid.

I gotta say I was in the same boat. I'm never going to be fully SPS as some colors just can't be achieved with a solely SPS tank.

Like most I started out with a softies tank and through progression ended up with a mixed reef tank. I like the natural look of having softies, SPS & LPS in the same environment(even though naturally it doesn't occur like that). I think is give a more asthetically pleasing reef view. But sofites will always be my first love in reefing. You just can't beat the colors and movement from Xenia and Palys!

I'm you 3 years ago.

I have a few softies, but I love LPS. Dunno what it is, but love them. I have just upgraded my flow options, so I am thinking of tying a SPS or two near the top. I have been looking, but I just haven't found any that I really would LOVE to try.

flyingarmy;148096 wrote: Get hold of some LE's like a SS Monti or Undata and you'll be hooked!

I'm a little green on the lingo. I know what monti and undata is, but LE, SS?

But seriously, I have been thinking about just trying a couple even though they seem to generally be more costly to purchase. You guys do have me wondering more than usual, though. My 29 gal has a 250w MH, so I have been putting all my loved LPS near the bottom and sides where thay like it. Some SPS would look nice right there on top.:shades:

i feel in love with millis and Pocillopora for the most part. i like to see the tentacles swaying in the flow.

corvettecris;148100 wrote: I'm a little green on the lingo. I know what monti and undata is, but LE, SS?

LE=Limited Edition, such as Tyree
SS=Sunset

1st Pic:LE Sunset Monti
2nd Pic: LE Undata
3rd Pic Bottom: LE Rainbow Monti
3rd Pic Top: LE Supergirl Monti
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
148108=9221-IMG_8654a.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
148108=9221-IMG_8654a.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_8654a.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
148108=9219-Sunset Monti 3 Oct 07a.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
148108=9219-Sunset Monti 3 Oct 07a.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Sunset Monti 3 Oct 07a.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
148108=9220-Undata.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
148108=9220-Undata.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Undata.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

top right = tubariana
bottom left = starynight

i like that top monti flying that is beautiful where did you get it from?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
148110=9222-100_2367.jpg
>
148110=9222-100_2367.jpg
class="gc-images" title="100_2367.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Very nice pics. You're right, the SS is very</em> nice looking.

sagent3000;148110 wrote: i like that top monti flying that is beautiful where did you get it from?

Orignially from Melissa on the board.

reef1973;148115 wrote: Mark, the Undata had grown a good bit. The supergirl and the rainbow are doing well also. How are they coloring up for you? I can't tell from the pictures.

Rit..the Undata picture is from Oct. It's doubled in size since then. The SG and RB are doing very well. I almost lost the SS and RB when I have a ALK issue but they have recovered fine and are growing in leaps and bounds.

I read that SPS actually has the potential to grow much faster than other types of corals? Is this assuming you have a calc or kalk doser/reactor? I have neither, and dont really plan on having one. My tank and living situation are just too small for these luxuries right now, lol.

Kalk dosing is cheap and easy to install. You don't have to have it or a calcium reactor to have success... Just look at Rit. :)

FutureInterest;148124 wrote: Kalk dosing is cheap and easy to install. You don't have to have it or a calcium reactor to have success... Just look at Rit. :)

True but Rit uses Pool Calcium and doses the heck out of it. His SPS growth was amazing!

Back