icecap t5 retro help

cdub

Market
Reaction score
Today I started to assemble my retrofit kit and it appears to be telling me that I do not have to attach my reflectors to anything. I can see how that would make sense so that it is easy to make sure that the bulb to reflector distance is correct. However I'm thinking it causes problems when trying to get your spacing correct. Does any have experience with this? Am I overthinking things?

I think I need to clarify, I think its telling me to just use the reflector lamp kits. But I'm worried my end cap spacing will be off unless I test fit everything with reflectors on.

"reflector lamp clips" sorry, its too hard to go back and edit on my blackberry

yes, you have to test fit everything. I have put a few of the retros in canopys for people. It pays to lay it all out first!!

Jason

It shouldn't be an issue unless your reflectors are wider than your stand offs or you are staggering your stand offs and not using their full length.

my standoffs and cap go side by side and touching and there is still room for reflectors to clip on and reflect downward. But I would lay it out in canopy first to be sure.

Thanks guys, it just seemed odd to me. I thought for sure that you would have to anchor them down.

Back