I'm confused. ..

kstyle13

Market
Reaction score
My gbta keeps receding into my rock at 400 every day. He stays there until around 630 and they he inflates back to normal. It's always the same time.... He never does it any other time and he hasn't moved since I placed him into the tank. Probably just because he found a hole to put his foot in. But he's at the bottom of the tank at the base of a rock. My curly q and condi don't display this activity just my bta. This being said my poor clownfish gets confused somehow every day when this happens and he goes to the curly q to try to host. The curly q only recedes until the clown goes away. Then he try to see the condi. Which in turns Stings the mess out of him and he swims around dazed..... so i digress. What's cause my bta to recede causing my clown to go on a high.

Sounds normal... Neems are like women, they have a mind of their own and you will never figure them out.

I love it!!! + a million.
Good to know that he's normal. Lol however my saddle back has gotten used to the condi sting and is now being hosted by 2 anemones. When the bubble tip is out he uses that one and then the condi when the bubble tip goes out.... has anyone ever heard of this before? A clown being hosted by 2 separate nems?

oh yea...my clown is all over the tank. Nem, hammer coral, zoas, I've even caught him sleeping in a ricordia a few times.

Interesting observation. Does anything change during that time between 4 and 6 (sun through a window, etc.) that may be prompting the Bubble to hide for a bit?

It's not unusual for a clown to claim multiple anemones and/or corals. It IS unusual for them to claim a Condylactus since they are from a different part of the world and aren't really host anemones but I've seen it happen a few times over the years.

Jenn

Back