I'm going to be a father!!!

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
Well....I'd know what type of father of snails if someone can ID this egg sack?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
137269=8486-IMG_8777.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
137269=8486-IMG_8777.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_8777.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

My frag tank is full of them but not for sure which one dropped these off on my glass!

LDYBKR;137273 wrote: Congratulations, I haven't had baby snails yet.

Thanks..I am so proud! I knew the boys were still swimming...(pun intended)

Hey mark just for the record, I get 2-3 of those strands in mytank a day. unfortunatly.....no new newbies...but good luck!

Yummmmm.... cerith eggs benedict with buttered toast, seasonal fruit and fresh coffee

(Offer that to the preggers missus for breakfast and see if you can count to 10 before she barfs on ya!!)

I get a lot of those too... still no babies though. If it is anything like the nassarius, you probably don't want to be a father. It turns the tank milky white and the skimmer goes nuts.

I'm pretty sure the larvae have a planktonic stage so they would have to be really really lucky to survive to maturity. It can be done though. SuaSati has a ton of nerites in his tank that grow to maturity and they also have a planktonic stage I believe.

When mine spawn they just nuke the water with millions of them. Every six months or so I end up with hundreds of baby snails crawling around. Now that I have a heavy wrasse population I haven't seen that happen though.

Back