Im over it...

I definitely need some ditrivores! I really, really, really wanted to skip the ugly phase but no....
If you don't do live rock, you really can't skip the ugly phase. Just be patient, and nature will run its course.

Maybe an 1"-1.5" when grown. They're tiny.
There's some confusion. The tiny brittles in Dave's tank are the ones I'm referring to. They don't get more than 1"-1.5". There are also normal brittle stars, like in your pic, that get 12" or so. Both look the same - ones just tiny :p

There's some confusion. The tiny brittles in Dave's tank are the ones I'm referring to. They don't get more than 1"-1.5". There are also normal brittle stars, like in your pic, that get 12" or so. Both look the same - ones just tiny :p
I think I found some on this Indo pacific website. Says they don’t get over an inch

Attachments

• 0EB3846F-9926-480E-A766-FC2CA483B852.png
    0EB3846F-9926-480E-A766-FC2CA483B852.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
I think I found some on this Indo pacific website. Says they don’t get over an inch
Yeah I got a handful from another members tank when I bought some coral from them. Put them in but I rarely see them. Every now and then I'll see a star leg sticking out trying to get something.

I had this problem once before. They were everywhere and chomping away on my zoas. Got a harlequin shrimp and he became my favorite thing in the tank. Highly recommend one or two if you can feed them! I sadly lost mine during a tank crash and I'm slowly watching the asterina population in the tank grow and hoping I'll be able to get another
.IMG_9281.jpg

I’ll sell an specific designed tool to remove them from your tank, free for now, all I’ll ask in return is this asterinas in a container that I’ll save, reproduce, and sell to the people who has Harlequin Shrimp species, round business hehehe ...
Nah.... I don’t have that extra time :p

Back