im planning my next aquarium

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
so im thinking of setting up another tank this is what i have in mind

i want a starfire 24x24x24 60 gal aquarium with an overflow.....im thinking a 32-36 inch high stand with a 14-18 inch canopy...i want a high canopy cause i want to go with one 400watt radium se bulb runned on an electronic ballast with a good reflector not sure yet......hopefully i wont need a chiller.... im thinking on upgrading my skimmer in my 90 so i will be using a das ex1 on it....sump will have to be custom to fit in stand maybe acrylic ....and i have a 5 gal i can use for a fug all i have to do is raise it .....for flow maybe a ehiem pump there small 335 gal i think.....and two koralia 4s on a four hour cycle or maybe two tunze 6055 with controller .....this is gonna probably start taking place as soon as i can find a good sorce for a glass tank ...trying not to go with glass cages...and i will not go acrylic ...im also going with black sand and live stock not to sure yet but but i like a mixed reef

stay tuned for more to come

custom made mine on the glasscages website and its 3 sided starfire glass overflow with cover black silicone .and bulk heads for 485 bucks picked up im looking for a better deal but will probably end up buying it there

Victor626nj;150942 wrote: custom made mine on the glasscages website and its 3 sided starfire glass overflow with cover black silicone .and bulk heads for 485 bucks picked up im looking for a better deal but will probably end up buying it there

I looked into GC, but decided against it. 1st it would not be rimless, 2nd I wanted an external overflow, and 3rd I have seen too many tanks of theres that I didn't care for. But that's my opinion. On the other hand all the quotes for what I want have been really really hi. For instance, I could buy 3 of the GC tanks for one of the quotes and still have some $ left over for salt. I'm still looking.

i don't know if its glass cages but when i was in the market for the exact same tank, i found this ebay seller out of Tennessee with crazy good prices:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-60-Gal-Square-Aquarium_W0QQitemZ4311245113QQihZ010QQcategoryZ20755QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262">http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-60-Gal-Square-Aquarium_W0QQitemZ4311245113QQihZ010QQcategoryZ20755QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262</a>

200 bucks. the stand and canopy, you can DIY for $150 bucks?

acrylic sump might be your best choice, i'd look into a tall custom sump and use baffles to regulate water levels.

Victor626nj;150940 wrote: ...trying not to go with glass cages...
stay tuned for more to come

Victor626nj;150942 wrote: custom made mine on the glasscages website and its 3 sided starfire glass overflow with cover black silicone .and bulk heads for 485 bucks picked up im looking for a better deal but will probably end up buying it there

What a difference a day makes!

I think that is glass cages, they have the same shipping schedule and the cabinetry looks the same.

humptrax;151012 wrote: i don't know if its glass cages but when i was in the market for the exact same tank, i found this ebay seller out of Tennessee with crazy good prices:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-60-Gal-Square-Aquarium_W0QQitemZ4311245113QQihZ010QQcategoryZ20755QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262">http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-60-Gal-Square-Aquarium_W0QQitemZ4311245113QQihZ010QQcategoryZ20755QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262</a>

200 bucks. the stand and canopy, you can DIY for $150 bucks?

acrylic sump might be your best choice, i'd look into a tall custom sump and use baffles to regulate water levels.[/QUOTE]

LorenK;151081 wrote: I think that is glass cages, they have the same shipping schedule and the cabinetry looks the same.

funny they wouldn't change their ebay name to glass cages... :doh:

Gwhiz;151030 wrote: What a difference a day makes!
no dont really want to go with glasscages but im not going to pay three times there price somewere else like shane stated ...i hope i am able to find a better price out there but if not i have this option

It is Glasscages if you hit their "about the seller" link in their eBay store it says "ABOUT GLASSCAGES". I don't trust them enough to do a rimless 60g cube and I'm fairly certain they will not do an external overflow.

I will, however, likely purchase one of there rimless grow-out tanks, because it would only be 12" tall and who cares what it looks like.

i think its not that they dont know how to make a tank its that there customer service sucks and they are messy looking tanks....but from what i understand they are built like tank they use thicker glass than most do as well

no way i would mess it all up im very picky with my tank i clean corallin of the back i would end up scratching it all up

Have you tried to contact any local glass places to see if they could build you a tank? That's another option

no not yet i have been planning the layout for this tank pricing everything out but im pretty sure that gc is probably gonna be the best price i think blueplanet aquarium might do this as well or have a connection imma call and find out

When you do, ask if they will give you a deal for getting 2
and ask if they can do an external overflow and rimless

If you don't mind that is...

I got my 24" cube from woody at precision acylics in canton. Its not glass but it only cost about $270

Back