im planning my next aquarium

nope... $1400 shipped for "custom" 60g. Now I have to say it is custom, but not $23.34 a gallon custom...

Stroid;151114 wrote: your a sick man victor

But a lot of us suffer the same sickness....:sad: and... :sad: there's.... :sad: <u>no</u>.... cure....:sad: for...:sad: this....:sad: ADDICTION.... :bash2:

Addict, I'm not an addict, not me... Man I need another tank... Nope not me I'm not an addict...

no not addicted .....i wont admit it at leaste ....after checking prices around even for acrylic cause i was just curious glass cagges is my best bet as much as i hate it i might be ordering one from them .......it will be a 3 sided starfire glass tank with sigle overflow, cover ,black seal...for 485 just the tank rimless would be 500 picked up.... but im not going that route cause i wil have a canopy i plan on having a custom stand and canopy made ...shane this is the beest deal around buddy i have money but not like you i cant pay 1500 on a 60 gal tank....charlie this is the cheapest by far ...im still waiting on tiffany from blueplanet for a price i will ask if we can get a discount for 3 tanks

Harleyguy;151238 wrote: I just put in for a quote on an Elos from Einstein... Ya Baby!!!
yeah you are ****ing nuts this just explained it .....god i wish i had your money

I'm not nuts... I will not pay $1400 for a 60g tank, that is nuts. I'm curious to see what Elos comes back with. The funny thing is I would be willing to pay a little more for the Elos, still not $1400 that's crazy... oh did I say that already...

And as I have said before, I'm not rich, I am tax free, getting combat pay and almost completely without debt. And I like my hobbies... :D

so what your saying is your just like me your in not addmiting you have a problem:D elos is costy are you getting it custom made ...im curious to know the price

Folks before you bash you are welcome to come see my Glass Cages tank that I picked up from them 4 months or so ago. The customer service was fine, the tank and stand were perfect. They even showed me around their facility. I wanted a "cube like" tank and went with their 36 x 24 x 25 about 90+ gallons. 3 sided starphire. If you want an unbiased opinion from folks who have seen the tank you can ask Lee, Jin, Mark etc.

oh coming from our last months tank of the month :D how were the selicon did you have to trim any off

None. It looked good from the get go. Tank (3 sided starphire), stand which is oak with lift out panel in the front and one on the side so that you can remove your sump if needed ($30 extra), and acrylic sump, was like $950 together. I ended up selling the sump and building one because my skimmer would not fit where I wanted. They can make the sump however you want though. Place is like 4.5 hours away but they were going to charge me $80 to deliver it to a spot about 50 miles from here. So I just took a vacation day and drove on up to get it.

My only complaint is with the overflow cover. The grooves were too thin and I had to make them bigger.

NP. :) Now your experience with them may be different but mine was good and for the $ I would definately go there again.

I will say this about GC. From everything I have read and seen, they are really hit or miss. On one end you have the guy who just loves his/her tank and thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. On the other end you have the guy/gal who's tank looked like a 3 year old put it together with 6X's to much silicone.

The owners are really hit or miss as well. I have called up there and talked to them and they seem as happy and nice as can be, and I have called up there and WOW it was like someone had urinated in their Corn Flakes.

Would I say that I would never buy from them, no. I am going to buy from them. I fully intend to get a 72"x24"x12" rimless grow-out tank from them and from that purchase I will be able to make a better personal opinion.

On a side note I did ask for a quote for my cube from them, via e-mail, and I'm still waiting to see what their quote is.

I can tell you that Darren's tank is great looking and I'm not talking about the corals, but those are nice too. His tank looks well made and I have had my nose pretty much pressed up against all sides of the tank.
I got a qoute from GC and on it they told me that they don't do external overflows if that helps at all.

Victor with that size tank, dont put an overflow box, just put a return elbow with a screen and put a durso on the back outside. IMO an overflow box will take up to much real estate in that tank.

Back