Infestation

hcakebax1

Reaction score
I have a 90 gallon aquarium. I am having a flat worm problem. I have a 6 line wrasse and a Christmas wrasse is not enough, I siphoned the flat worms and use flat worm fix. I need help to get this problem resolve in my aquarium. I am a disable guy can anyone help me get reed of this infestation. Thanks

hcakebax1;970169 wrote: I have a 90 gallon aquarium. I am having a flat worm problem. I have a 6 line wrasse and a Christmas wrasse is not enough, I siphoned the flat worms and use flat worm fix. I need help to get this problem resolve in my aquarium. I am a disable guy can anyone help me get reed of this infestation. Thanks

Im dealing with it as well. New tank syndrome. i just ordered a product called flatworm exit. i havent got it yet i will let you know how it does just keep siphoning them.

When I had them i got a melanerus and he cleaned house. Still had the in sump area but never in the display.

I had them years ago. I went to the local fish store and bought out their yellow corris wrasse stock, ended up with 7. After a month I had zero flatworms so I took 5 in for store credit.

DawgFace;970218 wrote: I had them years ago. I went to the local fish store and bought out their yellow corris wrasse stock, ended up with 7. After a month I had zero flatworms so I took 5 in for store credit.

Paid for one got 7? babies?

I had a very very bad infestation in my 150 a while back. I used fresh ro water and when I topped of my tank I used a piece of airline tubing and attached it to a massive syringe. I shot my rocks with the ro water and the worms died and when I could find then I would reverse the syringe and such them out. Then I did a small water change sucked them off the glass and sand bed. After 2 times of this they were gone

kstyle13;970257 wrote: I had a very very bad infestation in my 150 a while back. I used fresh ro water and when I topped of my tank I used a piece of airline tubing and attached it to a massive syringe. I shot my rocks with the ro water and the worms died and when I could find then I would reverse the syringe and such them out. Then I did a small water change sucked them off the glass and sand bed. After 2 times of this they were gone

I been sucking them out. i think when i move the the 210 imma fresh water dip all my live rock.

That's what I did when I had to sell the 150. Before I placed them in the 60 hex. I freshwater dipped only the rock for like 5 seconds. Then immediately swished the rocks around in a bucket or old tank water

kstyle13;970286 wrote: That's what I did when I had to sell the 150. Before I placed them in the 60 hex. I freshwater dipped only the rock for like 5 seconds. Then immediately swished the rocks around in a bucket or old tank water

Then ill treat with flatworn rid.

If your going to use flatworms rid then there's no point in dipping the rocks because the dip will potentially kill good critters too. Where as the flatworms rid is targeted for flatworms. Either way though you need to run some carbon...

kstyle13;970288 wrote: If your going to use flatworms rid then there's no point in dipping the rocks because the dip will potentially kill good critters too. Where as the flatworms rid is targeted for flatworms. Either way though you need to run some carbon...

i do i run brs dual reactor

jrhunter0000;970220 wrote: Paid for one got 7? babies?

Haha no, I paid for 7 to make sure I had the best chances of flatworm eaters. Not all of any particular fish will eat them. Like Barry said yellow Dorris seem to be one of the more workhorse of the wrasses. They hunted all day in almost a deliberate pack.

Be careful with products that kill them in your tank. Flatworms secrete a toxin upon their death that can wipe out your tank if enough of them are present. Manually remove before use as much as possible. As you use be prepare to suck them up as they are dieing. They will literally start to die before your eyes, get them all out as fast as possible and be prepared for a few large water changes as well as large applications of carbon.

Normally I don't like to add livestock specifically to deal with a pest... but perhaps you may want to consider a Blue Velvet Nudibranch? Seems like it would seriously keep the population in check (flatworns are all it eats), and at the same time be incredibly attractive.

I will help you fix the worm problem when we transfer your tank over. :) btw none of the liverock I got from you had them on it.

Back