Informal Lighting Upgrade Presentation

No thats the work booster. However the more you apply it seems the less work gets done. Note the pictures.

Thanks everyone. I hope you all enjoyed it.

you know... looking back at those pictures... 5-6days a week at the gym and I STILL have little twig arms... *sigh*

You know Tony, I think Barry Bonds has found a solution for that :)

Lights look great guys.

tsciarini;41965 wrote: you know... looking back at those pictures... 5-6days a week at the gym and I STILL have little twig arms... *sigh*

Tony you know you actually have to "workout" when you goto a gym.

Hey Andy,

Come on just use your update. Do you like the 2x400 watt system or not? Has it made any difference to your tank? Were my efforts forgotten/worthless? ;-)

tsciarini;41925 wrote: Hey what's that brown thing in the center of your fixture? PAR booster?

Naw, that's liquid carbohydrates, doncha know. I've heard inverts and macroalgaes love the stuff, but it may make your fish swim a bit funny.

Simon.Kruger;46678 wrote: Hey Andy,

Come on just use your update. Do you like the 2x400 watt system or not? Has it made any difference to your tank? Were my efforts forgotten/worthless? ;-)

Hey Simon. The lights are going great. Thanks so much for all your help. My corals are exploding with growth and color. I definitely recommend 2x400 to anyone. I was worried about the heat, but so far (knock on wood) it hasn't been an issue. I need to get some pictures, but I'm not to happy with my aquascaping at the moment.

-Andy

dawgdude;46747 wrote: Wow thats a really cool retro fit. Where did you get the 400hqi's from. I just set up a 90 gal and am debating btw two 400 hqi or 3 250's. Anyone have any advice?

I got the 400w hqi electronic ballasts off of someone on Reefcentral. I'd look there and you might get lucky. Otherwise, I'd try Doug at Reef Tank Lighting. He is very helpful. I'd definitely recommend the 400's if you find a good deal on them.

-Andy

Back