introducing a school of chromis

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
tommorow i am going to danny at petland and getting 3-5 chromis to have a school in my tank. i know to get odd numbers but any other advice except driping them.

get and even number and throw like 10 in your tank...lol only kidding...

Just drip em like normal..I did nothing special and they all did fine

I dont think you need more fish you can barely handle the tank you have.

blind1993;143734 wrote: should i have them all in 1 bag or dif bags?

If theyre bagged in different bags Id acclimate them if different bags

tnyga;143745 wrote: If theyre bagged in different bags Id acclimate them if different bags

thats gonna take a while. would they do ok if i put all of them in 1 large bag like 6x10.

dont know...never acclimated a bunch together unless they were bagged together...

dawgdude;143749 wrote: How big are the chromis? If they are young and small then do all in one. I think it would be best to keep them together so they are all released at the same time. Also my rule I told people when I worked in a LFS was buy twice as many as you want to have. I have always had half of them die on me from fighting btw them while establishing the school.
Dawg is right....I bought 11 and eneded up with 5 lol

dawgdude;143749 wrote: How big are the chromis? If they are young and small then do all in one. I think it would be best to keep them together so they are all released at the same time. Also my rule I told people when I worked in a LFS was buy twice as many as you want to have. I have always had half of them die on me from fighting btw them while establishing the school.

i do not know they will come in at petland alpharetta tommorow and i will try to get 1lg, 1md, and 1 sml atleast but i will buy 5 expecting 2 dieing.

dawgdude;143753 wrote: Wait what are you worried about how they are bagged? Let the person who works at a fish store do it how they think it should be. I mean they should know. Its chromis.....they are easy, I think your over thinking this man.
i am not bagging at all! i can not bag anything for my life. i posted this because i heard alot of people saying theirs died and i just want to aviod that happening.

i <u>think</u> danny know how to bag. j/k danny lol

I've never had any problems with mine dying. I have five in my 55gal. They always seem to be doing their own thing until I walk by the tank and they think it's feeding time.

9 in my 140....all fine. I FW dipped mine for about 4 min before I added them. Mine came 4 and 5 in a bag. I would not have them put too many in a bag (no more than 5) going to too small a space can stress them too much. Yes they are an "easy" fish to care for, but any fish easy or not will suffer greatly if not transported properly. don't go cheap and put them all in the same bag. If you're not willing to care for the fish properly...meaning acclimate several bags, don't buy them, thats just cruel.

glxtrix;143761 wrote: 9 in my 140....all fine. I FW dipped mine for about 4 min before I added them. Mine came 4 and 5 in a bag. I would not have them put too many in a bag (no more than 5) going to too small a space can stress them too much. Yes they are an "easy" fish to care for, but any fish easy or not will suffer greatly if not transported properly. don't go cheap and put them all in the same bag. If you're not willing to care for the fish properly...meaning acclimate several bags, don't buy them, thats just cruel.

i have enough bags i was just saying it was going to take a while. i dont think its possible to be cheap on bags since i am getting them at a store, also i was just asking about the bags because some info on google seems to have different opinions.

lol...blind I dont think we will have a problem bagging your fish..it's not my frist go at this ....

reefscape;143802 wrote: lol...blind I dont think we will have a problem bagging your fish..it's not my frist go at this ....

you positive?

i am heading over tommorow at around 7:30ish to get them and buy some zoanthids.

Annce, you live like 5 minuts from the store. What's the big issue here? It's not like they will be in the bag for hours.

Poor kid, have you looked into the Canton Reef Club or SEMAS? I bet they are nicer over there!

Back