Introduction and HOB Fuge question

briandg

Market
Reaction score
Hi all,

First let me introduce myself. My name is Brian and I live in Eastman, it's about an hour South of Macon. I set up my first saltwater tank just over a year ago. It's a 55 gal, with a canister filter (no sump) live rock and a 1.5" sand bed. I have a Lawnmower Blenny, Royal Gramma, 2 Clowns (son wanted nemo :roll: ), Coral Beauty Angel, and a Yellow Tang. I've really enjoyed it and just jumped in and purchased a used 180 gal drilled tank with a 40 gallon sump. I will be picking it up in a couple of weeks. I'm excited about it, but not looking forward to the move. It is currently stocked, and I need to decide which fish I will keep. The others I will probably post on here for anyone interested (I might pay someone to take the Damsels :)).

Since I'm fairly new into saltwater I don't know how much advice I can give, but will try. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions though, and hope you guys can help me out. I actually found this site by googling a question I currently have. Hopefully someone has experience with it.

I have a CPR Large Aquafuge and am planning on putting it on my sump to add a Refugium to it. But there is one minor problem. The inlet and outlet on the Fuge are too high for the water level I will have in my sump. I was wondering if anyone has tried this, and how they modified the fuge to fit. If anyone has any experience or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brian

First of welcome. I am recent member myself and have found everyone here very nice and easy going.

I am moving a stocked 90 gallon this weekend and I decided to use one of our local sponsers http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2220">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2220</a> to help. He quoted me an extremely reasonable rate. He has his own truck and equipment to help with the move as well. I will post my experience, but I believe it will go well. Thought it might be something you would be interested in looking into.

Again, welcome.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it, although I'm not sure my wife will let me spend any more money right now :). Looking forward to hearing of your experience with it.

Back