iphone + ARC website = bad

megadeth

Market
Reaction score
anyone been able to log into this forum with an iphone?

I tried today at the doctors office, I could not get it to work.

I thought it might be related to these weird errors I get in firefox when I post, I get popups about an applet that's failing, pretty much every time, cache failures, some cryptic message, it probably does not like linux/firefox clients, and maybe the iphone too

com.aurigma.imageuploader.imageuploader
publisher aurigma inc

I don't have a problem with ARC in Firefox, but it took some tweaking to get it to work right on a Blackjack.

I've tried 5 times with my iphone, it puts me back at the login prompt every time

my linux box I'm posting with just gave me another applet error too

this is the error I get every time I come to the site, running ubuntu gusty + firefox

arcerror.jpg
alt="" />

megadeth;83491 wrote: I've tried 5 times with my iphone, it puts me back at the login prompt every time

my linux box I'm posting with just gave me another applet error too

I am posting from my iPhone now. Could be ur router?

ok my iphone is making me a liar

now it's working just fine, it remembered my password from my attempts at the doctors office

My experience is that browsers tuned for mobile devices are to aggressive in their caching. It was probably bringing back the same page out of memory.

On my treo, I force it to reload the page and I'm then logged in.

Yeah, different browser but I assume same problem.

Set your Image Uploader (User CP -> Edit Options -> Bottom option on the page) to "Basic". I get the same issue when I enable the plug-in. There's an incompatibility between the Java plug-in and the latest version of Java.

Turn off the advanced image uploading capabilities. Your iPhone won't support the java applet or the active x control used to do it. It's in your user preferences.

Back