Is my tang sick?

Froster92

Supporting
Reaction score
We have a small tomini tang in QT, hes been there for almost 2 weeks. I was watching him, hes very shy, and noticed some discoloration on his sides. Its on both sides. Is this something I should be worried about? It doesnt look like Ich but im fairly new at this. Sorry for the terrible photo any time he saw my phone he darted into a hiding spot.

Attachments

• IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 28
Probably going to need better photos but looks like ich or velvet to me. Will need confirmation from someone more experienced than me.
Was he like that when you got him?

Probably going to need better photos but looks like ich or velvet to me. Will need confirmation from someone more experienced than me.
Was he like that when you got him?
No he was not like that when i bought him, someone on reef2reef said that it looks like lymphcystis. The spots are not round like ich would be. Theyre kinda linear. Its almost impossible to get a better pic cause he takes off everytime I walk in the room and if i sit next to it with my phone he watches me, everytime I raise my phone he takes off to hide again.

Hi there, I also happen to have the same tang in QT. Mine has some weird skin abrasions. He eats and seems healthy now. I did a round of general cure and plan on doing a copper treatment. I’ll probably do another round of general cure at the end of the 30 days of QT too.

I think velvet would kill fast and Ich would have small grainy spots. Really hard to say from the photo but at least it’s in QT.

I got a better picture today, we started running copper a couple days ago and not much has changed. Anyone have any idea? Someone said Lumphocystis in another forum, we have 2 clowns and none of them have exhibited anything. 188040082_529455034759740_6099588803372397195_n.jpg

We are also running copper as we speak. We noticed spots on the clowns under the LEDs of the DT. You can not see the spots in the QT. So we are treating just in case.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Did a freshwater dip, thats scary never done one before and he didnt like it. But think we confirmed its not flukes, nothing came off him. We were able to get an even better picture once we put him back in QT. He was super stressed but you can see the spots. 187071730_321191949376391_257982738140871399_n (1).jpg

Well tang took a drastic decline after the freshwater dip and unfortunately died lasted night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back