Is my torch dead?

tshives26

Market
Reaction score
ade5unyz.jpg
alt="" />

It has looked liked this for a couple weeks. Used to be in the middle of the tank on rocks but moved it lower the other day because I thought maybe too much light. I'm assuming the worst.

I don't count lps out until all the flesh is gone......but I wouldn't have too much hope for that guy.

It looks like it's on its way out. I had a frogspawn do the same thing. Could be brown jelly disease, that's what I think mine was.

Any idea what could cause this? My water has been perfect for months with no fluctuation. If it is just unhappy, what makes the torch smile? lol

Not dead but could be dying. Hard to tell from the photo.

How long have you had it? I'd probably move it off the sand, if sand gets in it, that can irritate it.

What are your parameters?

A little more information might help us help you to save it, if it isn't too far gone.

Jenn

<span style="font-family: Calibri"><span style="font-size: 13px">It does look like it&#8217;s on the way out. It could be getting to much light or not enough depending? I would move it off the bottom and give it some water movement. Make sure when you add buffer and calcium that they are completely dissolved before putting into your tank. Hope this helps. </span></span>

HiImSean;965250 wrote: Could be brown jelly disease, that's what I think mine was.

That was my first thought. Then I re-read where he said it had been like that for a few weeks. The Brown herp will wipe out a colony in a few days.

Thanks for the input all. It was in great light and flow up until I moved it down to the sand a couple days ago. Looks like I'm in the market to buy a new torch!

Back