Is there anyone willing to give me some advice?

23cnhit;1090938 wrote: Thank you Civics. Right now I have a regal tang, yellow and sailfin tang. two clowns a dottyback and a coral beauty angel. All eating and Doing great.

How big are these fish? This could be your problem. You said the tank was set up for about 5 months. At least 2 months of that had to be the cycle, if not longer. Each time you add a fish, your tank needs to play catch up and increase it's bacteria load to handle the additional bioload of the new fish.

Also, I noticed you said you topped off with distilled water when you noticed salinity getting high? Do you ever top off with anything other than distilled water?

Some distilled water is run through copper. Should not be used on a reef tank..

Crew: Blue tang is around 4-5 inches long. Yellow tang is 3 inches. Sailfin Tang is 3-4 inches. Nemo's are 2 inches. Dottyback is an inch. Angel is 1 inch and a half. I top off with saltwater I mix if for some reason the salinity is down. I added all the fish at the same time.

I did a water change of around 20 gallons 6 days ago and tested yesterday. Ammonia is now down to 0. Nitrates are lower down to 10ppm. I bought a refractomer and it is saying 1.025

Still would love to have someone come help out. Thank you all for your help

Back