Is your RODI unit attached to the wall?

db366

Reaction score
If not do it. I had planned to do it but the new set up has been taking up all of my fish time since we moved to this new house. I have been making water like a mad man since last night, I don't have a large container so I set alarms all night to wake up and switch out from tub to tub. I have the unit in the laundry room and I run the lines into the garage to fill the tubs. I had turned my head for a second and my 15 month old pulled the cord and down came the RO unit. After bouncing off the washer it then landed smack on his face. I freaked, so did my wife. It was a stupid mistake on my part by not following through with the project and I have paid for it now. Luckily the washer broke most of the fall, it left a large bump on his forehead along with a little gash, which he did not need stitches for as well as cutting his upper labial frenulum (the little tissue that connects your upper lip to your gums). Of course by the time we get him to the ER he is laughing and flirting with the nurse but he looks like a train wreck. Thankfully he is okay and thankfully I have good insurance or both tanks would be going bye bye..

BTW only one 90 degree push fitting broke from the 10 foot fall. Those BRS rodi's are tanks. I had to jab a flat head screw driver in it to screw it out then just replaced it.

Oh and my RODI is sitting on the floor in the garage un hooked and will be until it is properly installed. I will buy water if I need it before I can get it up on the wall..

Back