Its all dead :(

enderg60

Market
Reaction score
Well after an 8 hour night of water changes, moving stuff and cursing. Its all dead.

It looks like my contractor "bumped" the timer controlling the alk dosing pump and turned it on, which dosed 5 gallons of alk solution to the tank over about 12 hours yesterday.

By the time I arrived all my sps and blastos were bare bones, i transferd all the rest of the stuff back to my 58g where as of this morning its all dead as well.

All my prized SPS,acans, blastos, and zoa's are gone. All i have left is an anemone and some fish that I had yet to move. I was planning to finally move in this weekend and bring the rest with me. so much for that plan.

wow...when you get your tank back up and running pm me and i will hook you up with some sps frags

Heartbreaking:( Sorry for your loss. Keep us posted for when you are ready to set up again:)

Dam Danny that really sucks! When your ready I will cut you some frags.

Joe

Contractors FTL!!! Most of them anyway. You have my sympathy and hope you get back up and running soon and cheaply!

my entire house still smells of rotten coral.

Apparently he hit the button on the timer with the broom while carrying stuff upstairs.

Ive moved everything back to the old tank again and shut the system down till after I move in. I think two fish and a yellow leather may survive, the rest is all gone.

I still cant believe this happened.

sorry to hear...would be glad to give you a frag when your up and running again...
mike

Sorry to hear that. I'm not the litigious type at all, but I can't help but wonder if the contractor has liability insurance. We're not talking about a small monetary loss here, after all.

Sorry for your loss man, that sucks big time. I just lost everything myself, so I know how you feel. :(

Sorry to hear it. Where is your timer located that it can be hit by someone just walking by?

Sorry Danny I am sure Patrick is upset too. You know where you can get some of your corals back from. By the way you guys with the contractor comments do really think being a contractor contributed to this <u>accident?</u></em> I guess if he was a clergyman it would be ok then.

Let me know when you recover, i've got some free frags for ya...

Back