Jake's 1st SW Build (125 gallon)

grouper therapy;1077085 wrote: I use a sanding sealer thinned about 50% as a conditioner
I'll definitely test out some conditioner and stain on a test piece first, thanks.

By sealer do you mean a dewaxed shellac?

That is one the other is an actual lacquer based sanding sealer

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Alright update...I don't think the staining turned out too bad. It definitely was a project, especially since I've never done much woodworking before.

qpGkXLkl.jpg
alt="" />

Also installed 2 20 amp circuits to the location. The missing cover has since been installed :)

pT4yEQyl.jpg
alt="" />

Then moved it in! It matches my hardwood floors fairly well and definitely fills out the living room.

c8BhSkhl.jpg
alt="" />

Very nice work on that furniture! Especially if you haven't done much before. I couldn't do anything that nice =)

aXio;1089338 wrote: Very nice work on that furniture! Especially if you haven't done much before. I couldn't do anything that nice =)
Thanks, it feels good to make something, even though it took me a while, haha! My dad helped too, I think he liked the project more than I did

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tank has water in it, lights are hung, and sump is almost full!

8d13b77f51cc2248c769a27d98d067e9.jpg
alt="" />

Question: I have two MP40QD that I purchased used and neither came with any spacers. Are these needed and can a lack of them cause noise?

Man I'm horrible at updating. The tank has cycled and starting to get some algae. Are these diatoms or something else?

70233e6dc1241f8bb055bc9477efd9c6.jpg
alt="" />

My two clownfish (Tesla & Edison) seem happy and are enjoying their free reign for now. My yellow tang (Graham, after Alexander G. Bell) is finishing up QT and will go in soon.

c395b5abe6f380320a83a88d2ba47571.jpg
alt="" />

6ecd01c4d81bcae06f2a84b2e5788132.jpg
alt="" />

I'm planning to QT a CUC soon and get some snails in the DT!

Yep looks like initial diatom blooms... Should disappear soon. I don't think you need to do s away for CuC... Just temp acclimate those bad boys and drop em in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xilez;1101023 wrote: Yep looks like initial diatom blooms... Should disappear soon. I don't think you need to do s away for CuC... Just temp acclimate those bad boys and drop em in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Based on everything I've read, there's a small chance ich or other pests can come in on CuC shells and such. I think it would make me feel better if I QTd them for a few days at least.

Thanks for the post though and confirming the diatoms, glad to see someone checking the build out!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I ordered a little macro lens that fits over my cell phone and got a cool shot of this limpet I found in my invert/coral QT.

2409983d5d6292e0db4c6b4b57bf5098.jpg
alt="" />

Back