January Tour of Tanks, Cobb Co. Reefers Needed!!!!!!

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
Who in Cobb Co would like to be on the Tour of Tanks to be held (tentitively) the weekend of January 26?

Judging from our demographics, we have no less than 37 reefers in this group who live in the Cobb area. We need a minimum of 4 reefers who would like to open their homes to members so we my view your tanks.

<u>It doesn't matter what size system you have, as long as you are comfortable answering questions about your husbandry, maintanance practices, and set-up in general.</u>

The tour is scheduled to end at the Grand Openning of Sal and Mike's new local fish store, SaltWater City located a few miles off Wade Greene Road, at Jiles Road and 41. We want to come out and show these two members our support in their new endeavor, and wish them great success!

Please PM me if you are interested in showing your tank. We look forward to a year filled with such events, and your participation is highly valued and appreciated.

You dont have to be a paid member to show your tank, I was just asked this and thought I would clarify

Thanks

I didn't volunteer cause technically I'm not in Cobb County. We live on the fulton/cobb border on the wrong side... The real estate taxes are cheaper a mere 200 yards away :).

Who actually is in Cobb these days? Most of the people I know are in around Canton, Alpharetta or Lawrenceville. I am sure we have a roster full in that county, but curious as to who it is.

Yeah, they are like 2nd highest populated county as far as our membership goes....... Hopefully some people will volunteer soon.

A couple I've written to refuses to show their "work in progress".

Some of the nicest tanks in this club are in Cobb county... I'm sure they'll step up shortly. If not we can do a surprise tour of tanks and just bumrush th eir houses.

FutureInterest;118014 wrote: Some of the nicest tanks in this club are in Cobb county... I'm sure they'll step up shortly. If not we can do a surprise tour of tanks and just bumrush th eir houses.

where?

I know there are a lot of newcomers in Cobb, but I didnt know we had a lot of established tanks.

Also... I wish we'd divided up the county into East Cobb and West Cobb. Sal's shop is closer to Kennesaw/Acworth/Woodstock than many East Cobb reefers.

FutureInterest;118014 wrote: Some of the nicest tanks in this club are in Cobb county... I'm sure they'll step up shortly. If not we can do a surprise tour of tanks and just bumrush th eir houses.

LOL, how cool would that be! Just show up at a fellow members house, bump them at the door and check out their tanks. If they don't answerthe door, stand out side with a megaphone until they let us in or call the cops.

As long as its Cobb Co, I wouldn't make a huge distinction between east and west cobb. The county isn't that big. Last ToT, we drove from Cumming to Roswell to East Cobb to Lilburn. It would be nice if we could view 6 tanks in a few miles, but if they are spread out, thats ok too.

Whats the next Co above Cobb, Cherokee? We could expand out serch criteria if needed.

Linda Lee;118026 wrote: where?

I know there are a lot of newcomers in Cobb, but I didnt know we had a lot of established tanks.

In no particular order: Anand, Rit, Ann, Mark, Lee and Thiago all have beautiful established tanks.

I live in Cobb about 10 minutes from the new fish store being set up. It depends on the date and time. I play on 3 different tennis teams and my weekends are usually busy. Let me know.

Darren

Bah Darren has an amazing and colorful setup. I thought you were in another county though as its always a hike to get up there.

Darren24;118038 wrote: I live in Cobb about 10 minutes from the new fish store being set up. It depends on the date and time. I play on 3 different tennis teams and my weekends are usually busy. Let me know.

Darren

Hurray! I contributed to this awesome tank. Looking forward to seeing it up close!!

<span style="font-size: 11px;">(Darren, make sure you point out to everyone the tablespoon of live sand that came from me.)</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px;"></span>
:shades:

FutureInterest;118034 wrote: In no particular order: Anand, Rit, Ann, Mark, Lee and Thiago all have beautiful established tanks.

Mine is still young since I moved them, but I can't accomadate this time since I will be out of town, but the next time around I surely will....

SuAsati;118068 wrote: Mine is still young since I moved them, but I can't accomadate this time since I will be out of town, but the next time around I surely will....

I can act as hostess in your absence. Just leave me a key....

;)

I didn't know Rit was in Cobb... figured he was Fulton. I forget Cobb runs so far South.

Back