Jason's 45g Rimless Cube Build!

The 5.0 is just a LITTLE tight... :p

20150218_214618.jpg
alt="" /></a>

I'm pretty sure this is how I'll lay everything out with access from the front and left doors.

20150218_213155.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20150218_213205.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Fingers crossed that the Neptune shipment shows up tomorrow! It was shipped out Monday so id assume it will be here this week. Thennn Iv'e just got to wait on my two MP40w QD's and battery back up.

Almost all of my apex stuff showed up friday night

I already have the base Apex unit and just picked up;

-Lab Grade PH Probe (my old one was not kept wet )

-Pm2 Conductivity Module

-Lab Grade Conductivity Probe

-Advanced Leak Detector Module

-Solid Surface Leak Detector

-Slim Line Leak Detector

-Break Out box (For ATO)

-WXM Module

Now just have to wait on the DOS dosers to get out of back order and my MP40w QD's

Oh yeah almost forgot! I picked up these incredibly bright linkable LED's from Lowes. Two 24" strips will be in the main sump area and one 18" strip in the electronics side. I'm waiting on my magnetic door/window "security strips" to come in yet. The plan is to wire them into my Apex's break out Box and the LED's will automatically turn on and off when the doors are opened and closed.

unnamed%202.jpg
alt="" /></a>

The door switch controlling my sump light was one of the best things I did in my tank. LOL. :)

Installed a few cord grommets in side wall as well as two in the wall for my network cable for the Apex.

unnamed%204.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Figured out a way to mount everything and hide all the ugly mess of cords too!

unnamed%205.jpg
alt="" /></a>

unnamed%203.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Im digging how it turned out! The open space on the bottom right is reserved for 2 MP40 controllers.

unnamed%208.jpg
alt="" /></a>

This is ONLY all the aqua bus cables....
unnamed%207.jpg
alt="" /></a>

AND WALLAAA! Oh and the panel is just held on with some heavy duty velcrow so easily removable if needed.

http://s437.photobucket.com/user/jaygum33/media/unnamed%2015.jpg.html">
[IMG]http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq93/jaygum33/unnamed%2015.jpg alt="" /></a>

Painted the back and bottom black with.......

unnamed%209.jpg
alt="" /></a>

unnamed%206.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Yeah I went there! Lol yes spray on bed liner :confused2: Cant stand how normal paint always seems to end up getting scratched off when doing the final tank install.. I say this from experience of doing so on wayyyy to many customers tanks and It always drove me nuts, so I figured why not.

Got my ghetto light hanger up.

unnamed%2010.jpg
alt="" /></a>

unnamed%2011.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Maze of plumbing is finally complete

unnamed%2014.jpg
alt="" /></a>

unnamed%2013.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Time for water!

unnamed%2012.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Just dog eared this thread and I think that I steal a few of these ideas

Thanks guys, Im looking forward to start getting corals! Threw my rock in tonight and my swing by the shop tomorrow and grab a few chromis

I may have overlooked it in a previous post, but where did you get the tank from? I am thinking of doing something similarly sized soon. Also, are the dims 24x24x18?

Come on up to Optimum and we can get you one!

And Marineland states its dimensions are 24"x24"x18". Of course they always round up as my measurements where; 23 1/4"

WT*JayJay;1021434 wrote: Come on up to Optimum and we can get you one!

And Marineland states its dimensions are 24"x24"x18". Of course they always round up as my measurements where; 23 1/4"

PM approximate cost please

Back