June 2020 Meeting - Georgia Aquarium Tropical Diver Exhibit Update

June 2020 Meeting - Georgia Aquarium Tropical Diver Exhibit Update
Posted by FutureInterest
Zoom
Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 02:00 PM
Until: Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 04:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Thank you for a great presentation! Would love to eventually get a back stage tour from him in person after things get back to normal or the new normal.
It would be nice to hear things from the experts when down at the GA Aquarium. For the last multiple times that we have been down there and doing things behind the scenes- unfortunately, our volunteer ‘guides’ have shared some wildly inaccurate information and quotes about the corals and their systems. So, it was so nice to hear factual and informative information about their program and set up.
Thank you for doing this! We enjoyed it here in our household!

Geez, how did I miss this announcement? Was everyone finally able to get in?

We used to have a member that volunteers on weekends as a diver, who gave tours for ARC members.

He gave my daughter, me & several others a tour behind the scenes for a couple of hours one Saturday. We were able to speak with researchers, see & hear about the filtration systems, see new specimens before being on display, etc. It was awesome!

Unfortunately, I don’t know if he is a member of ARC anymore, or if he still works there.

Perhaps someone that either works for the aquarium, or has a connection, could speak to that possibility?

We used to have a member that volunteers on weekends as a diver, who gave tours for ARC members.

He gave my daughter, me & several others a tour behind the scenes for a couple of hours one Saturday. We were able to speak with researchers, see & hear about the filtration systems, see new specimens before being on display, etc. It was awesome!

Unfortunately, I don’t know if he is a member of ARC anymore, or if he still works there.

Perhaps someone that either works for the aquarium, or has a connection, could speak to that possibility?
One of my employees is a diver at the Ga Aquarium full time there. Let me see what I can work out :D

No, he was a weekend diver/volunteer, that had been there a while & seemed to know everyone. I’m wracking my brain to remember his name.

It went well! We had an extended Q&A with questions regarding nutrient uptake of mangroves, skimmers, and volunteering at Georgia aquarium.

I believe Jin also recorded the meeting. So you guys should be able to review it once it's uploaded.
How about it @FutureInterest , did you record this? Is the video available anywhere?

Well I guess I just missed this meeting, seems like it is not posted, too bad, i suspect this would have been a great one to be able to go back and re-watch. Seems like we are not taking advantage of the only positive aspect Ican see in virtual meetings. Is @FutureInterest incommunicado again, I've asked about this a couple times and haven't gotten a response. I see nothing on the calendar for any future meetings,, are we going to have one in July? And if so will it be recorded, I thought the plan was to web-cast these on the ARC Facebook page.
@FutureInterest
@ActiveAngel
@jcook54
@aestheticlibra

I wasn't there either. These virtual meetings have been coordinated by Jin. The video from the last meeting has no audio - Jin said he's going to get me the file and I'm going to see if I can extract audio from it with some of my equipment. I make no promises - I, too, would have loved to have seen it.

Jin said he's going to post July's meeting soon. I saw him last night.

It was a cool meeting for sure. The playback doesn't have audio. So it won't be made available. Hopefully it works out next time.

Also, for those of you that won a gift card, my apologies. I purchased them right away and then got slammed. They are being sent out today. :)

Alright folks - I got the list of folks who won but they aren't screen names and there aren't addresses.

Can those of you who won please private message me and tell me your names and addresses and I'll get these out ASAP. Thanks everyone!

There's even someone who I've just got a phone number for - lol. Just need to be able to match these up to make sure winners get their gift certificates. They will be the Pure Reef btw. Thanks everyone! :D

Back