Just bad luck

dawgface

Market
Reaction score
Supposed to be leaving to the Virgin Islands tomorrow morning and as luck would have it a drunk just slammed in the power lines to my house knocking out everything...... Let's play that game for a bit how bout we! FML

Really hate to hear that, good way to screw up some plans. How are the utilities at getting things fixed in your area?

Never really had an outage before. Although it was just a matter of time. This is the 5th drunk to run off the road in this area in the last 18 months. Has happened so much I stopped paying to have my boulders reset as they normally are the bullseye for them, or so it appears. In any event, pouring rain and two days before Christmas and with my luck so far, terrible.

Half way through reading I was wondering if you had some decorative boulders to protect yourself, glad to hear youve got that covered :)

Do you have a battery back up for anything?

Hope they get it turned back on for you quickly.

And holy moly speak of devil my luck may be turning around. Power truck just rolled up.

Yea I have a massive generator kicking right now. So I'm covered there. Just if they can't solve this in the next hour or so I may have to postpone my trip a day. In that case hopefully there's availability.

DawgFace;1003856 wrote: Yea I have a massive generator kicking right now. So I'm covered there. Just if they can't solve this in the next hour or so I may have to postpone my trip a day. In that case hopefully there's availability.
Good stuff, Id love a big generator eventually, till then Im stuck with my batteries.

As long as the line is a standard line without anything unusual going on I bet youll be on your way without a hitch. Atleast those are the good vibes I'm sending your way.

NorthGaHillbilly;1003857 wrote: Good stuff, Id love a big generator eventually, till then Im stuck with my batteries.

As long as the line is a standard line without anything unusual going on I bet youll be on your way without a hitch. Atleast those are the good vibes I'm sending your way.

I'll take all I can at this point.

Hope they got it up and running for you. Although, I hear you really have to rough it down there in that tiny shack you call a vacation home. :) Brat! LOL

5 drunks so far, i think your safer just opening a bar at the house that way they just stop in for a drink instead of just crashing in. :)

myreefclub0070;1003864 wrote: 5 drunks so far, i think your safer just opening a bar at the house that way they just stop in for a drink instead of just crashing in. :)

lol

DawgFace;1003852 wrote: Never really had an outage before. Although it was just a matter of time. This is the 5th drunk to run off the road in this area in the last 18 months. Has happened so much I stopped paying to have my boulders reset as they normally are the bullseye for them, or so it appears. In any event, pouring rain and two days before Christmas and with my luck so far, terrible.

Call the PD... sounds like you have what us drunk hunters refer to as a "choke point" if you've had that many wrecks with drunks in the area.... You'd probably be terrified to know how many actually DON'T wreck.

jbadd99;1003874 wrote: Call the PD... sounds like you have what us drunk hunters refer to as a "choke point" if you've had that many wrecks with drunks in the area.... You'd probably be terrified to know how many actually DON'T wreck.

I have three close PO friends here in Georgia. Two of which live nearby but unfortunately do not work for Lawrenceville or Gwinnett. Both warned me that this street has a propensity for teenage drivers to overdrive and speed due to Collins Hill Highschool nearby. Because of that mix in alcohol and the slight downhill low visibility turn and you have problems.

rdnelson99;1003860 wrote: Hope they got it up and running for you. Although, I hear you really have to rough it down there in that tiny shack you call a vacation home. :) Brat! LOL

Ha, moved my flight until 3pm today so I won't get down there until after dark. But first thing in the AM I'll start posting pics to really make you jealous :tongue:

DawgFace;1003899 wrote: I have three close PO friends here in Georgia. Two of which live nearby but unfortunately do not work for Lawrenceville or Gwinnett. Both warned me that this street has a propensity for teenage drivers to overdrive and speed due to Collins Hill Highschool nearby. Because of that mix in alcohol and the slight downhill low visibility turn and you have problems.

I've maybe been known to speed a little in front of your house. Big against drunk driving so never that though. Glad they got your situation on track and you're still able to fly out today.

tonymission;1003901 wrote: I've maybe been known to speed a little in front of your house. Big against drunk driving so never that though. Glad they got your situation on track and you're still able to fly out today.

I usually speed away from his house after I have raised his tank. :)

tonymission;1003901 wrote: I've maybe been known to speed a little in front of your house. Big against drunk driving so never that though. Glad they got your situation on track and you're still able to fly out today.

Normally speeding I don't care about heck driving the speed limit in Georgia will likely get you the finger. However with the High School just up the street, Montessori across from me and entirely all residential homes I really wish they would lower the limit on Collins Hill. I may even go to the city council with it.... I mean every wreck has been highschool kids either drunk or overdriving conditions.

Back