Just Became a Supporting Member

ZapataInc

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Im Lawrence, Ive been here for a month or so and I just became a supporting member. I have already met a few people. The first person I met was @FutureInterest He gave me some pulsing xenia and threw in a small zoa colony. His frag setup is a beast. He was awesome and urged me to join telling me about all the benefits of joining and how it basically pays for itself. I had to wait to join but I told him once I get the funds I will do it. Well I did it. Lol. I have just recently started on this Saltwater hobby journey and so far its been awesome. This club is a great source of information and knowledge. Everyone ive met so far has been so friendly. Thank you guys and gals for the open arms.

So onto my tank. I came across a full setup that I couldnt pass up on. It is a IM 40gal AIO. It came with all of the sand and rocks. The guy had the system running for about 6 months before I picked it up from him. It also came with a Tunze 9001 nano skimmer, a AI Hydra 26 HD light, and an ATO system. I also got a API saltwater test kit and a RODI unit. All I had to buy after that was the salt and livestock.

Currently in the tank I have an orange spotted goby and pistol shrimp pair, a pair of Picasso Clowns, an ultra BTA (green), a few zoa colonies (dont know their names), a birds nest colony, a hammerhead (3 heads) and a kenya tree. And about 10 hermit crabs. Everything has been going well and the zoas are having little babies and everything seems to be growing. Not fast but still growing. I think its because im not dosing anything yet. Ill get there one day.

Well here are some pictures.
8394IMG_20190710_171918.jpg83958396

Thanks again to everyone in ARC. Yall are all MVPs and VIPs in my book.

Good start. Dont worry about dosing anything just yet. Test test and test some more. That will tell you if you need to dose anything. Take things slow and research anything you want to add to the tank. Fish,coral inverts etc... Its so easy to hit the LFS and buy on impulse just to find out what you purchased is not compatible with what you have

Good start. Dont worry about dosing anything just yet. Test test and test some more. That will tell you if you need to dose anything. Take things slow and research anything you want to add to the tank. Fish,coral inverts etc... Its so easy to hit the LFS and buy on impulse just to find out what you purchased is not compatible with what you have
Yeah i had that problem when my daughter saw a blue damsel and wanted it. It terrorized all of the other fish.

Welcome, look forward to meeting you, I'm in Lawrenceville too. It should be quite a while before you need to dose anything for those corals, at least until they grow and you add more for the demand to increase, that is if you're doing frequent water changes.

Welcome, look forward to meeting you, I'm in Lawrenceville too. It should be quite a while before you need to dose anything for those corals, at least until they grow and you add more for the demand to increase, that is if you're doing frequent water changes.
Hey Steve, Im doing water changes about every 1-2 weeks. Not because my parameters are bad just because I want to get in the habit of doing them. And Im Lawrence but not in Lawrenceville. ;) lol

Yeah i had that problem when my daughter saw a blue damsel and wanted it. It terrorized all of the other fish.
Whether you have been in this hobby for 50 years or 5 days Patience , research and accepting help from the community is key

Looking good man and welcome! I've got a frag with your name on it when you're ready. I've been on vacation and running around in general these last few weeks but once things settle down, we'll hook up.

Back