Just came home to a flooded basement

dmahoney82

Market
Reaction score
Holy crap this is not what I needed to walk into. I just came downstairs to chaos. Water everywhere breakers flipped off crap crap crap. I have a heater in the tank and powerheads on. I have to find out what happened right now. Does anybody have any of those industrial fans to dry out my carpet. Should I go ahead and pull up the carpet and get fans on it. This sucks!

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about the flood. I hope someone can get some fans out to you to help dry up the mess.

dmahoney82;361252 wrote: Holy crap this is not what I needed to walk into. I just came downstairs to chaos. Water everywhere breakers flipped off crap crap crap. I have a heater in the tank and powerheads on. I have to find out what happened right now. Does anybody have any of those industrial fans to dry out my carpet. Should I go ahead and pull up the carpet and get fans on it. This sucks!

Pull the carpet. Those big black ants love saltwater. On top of the water, you're about to be invaded by ants.

locating a shop vac now. I estimate that there is about 30 gallons of water on the floor. I'm sure I know the answer to this but, is pulling the carpet necessary if I shop vac it?

dmahoney82;361276 wrote: I'm sure I know the answer to this but, is pulling the carpet necessary if I shop vac it?

Depends how nice the carpet is:D

dmahoney82;361276 wrote: locating a shop vac now. I estimate that there is about 30 gallons of water on the floor. I'm sure I know the answer to this but, is pulling the carpet necessary if I shop vac it?

I'm not sure how well you'll pull the water from the padding, but it will get you started.

You'll also want to run the bejesus out of a dehumidifiers while running utility blower fans to keep mold from coming in.

I know a lady who restores flood damaged stuff. Let me know if you need her numbetr.

I came home to a flooded kitchen. Luckily, no carpet in my house.

Sucks though. Good luck with the cleanup.

Tyler

30 gallons not a lot but the problem is Mold if it got the pad it will not dry easily, getting the carpet and pad up and run fans.

Getting the water out is half the battle....... Its getting the salt out after the water dries. You'll spend so much on trying to clean it, you might be better off replacing it.

Cute Sham-wow reference........ Now back to my own melodrama....

Ace of Spades;361288 wrote: Just my .02 cents.
shamwow.jpg
alt="" />

No kidding right. Maybe I could bribe the shamwow guy with some meth and this problem would be solved before morning.

watch

If you need some help tomorrow let me know..I have a NICE carpet machine that pulls out water..worked great for when I flooded my parents house..I also have a shop vac and a few other things..Let me know..

shamwow.jpg
alt="" /></em>

He does kinda look like a meth head, huh? Look at those eyes!

shop vac and fans blowing 7 by 24 should work unless its thick carpets and pads. Its happened to all of us...

I still don't know for certain what happened to cause the flood. The only idea i have is that the power went off and when it kicked back on something happened with the drainpipes and water overflowed out of the dt. I really have no idea. I filled the system back up last night and dialed down the return pump and everything seems to be fine. Something very fishy went on

christopherjay;361362 wrote: If you need some help tomorrow let me know..I have a NICE carpet machine that pulls out water..worked great for when I flooded my parents house..I also have a shop vac and a few other things..Let me know..

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to try and find a shop vac a little closer , but if I don't I'll be sending you a pm

If the airhole in the top of your durso is clogged, it can prevent water from draining after the pump restarts.

Don't rule out a snail finding its way in there, also.

Didn't expect any chuckles out of a disaster thread! Thanks.

This is a bummer. How's cleanup coming?

Back