Just started the hobby

robthepanda

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here! I just recently got into the hobby! Sort of strange actually, I was at petsmart to go get some kitty food for the cat that I let my mother adopt and I started looking at the fish and some lonely older man started talking to me (you know how they are) about all the fish. Well apparently I ended up leaving petsmart with a couple fish and set up the old fishtanks I had downstairs in our basement in storage. I bought a bunch of plants online at Liveaquaria.com and made a nice planted tank with a wide range of things such as hatchet fish, plecos, mollies, platys, couple type of catfish, betta, like 3-4 different types of tetras, some guppies that have babies now, some loaches. It's looking amazing. I love the look and I set this up at my parents house and it's definitely an eye catcher (spent hours trying to aquascape and probably have bought around 300-400 dollars of plants to make it look like a jungle and natural along with some awesome rocks I boiled and found near the lake they live on). Well since I had to leave that awesome aquaria and go back home I wanted to get into something more creative with marine life. I've been visiting some new store in Atlanta called "preservation reef" and the owner is really nice! Looking to gain some insight and knowledge and hopefully meet some other aquascapers, my girlfriend is getting annoyed of me just looking up fish all the time and only talking to her about it :(

Nice to meet you all! :)

Welcome to the ARC Robert, we are happy to have you.
If you got question you came to the right place, between all the members here they have all the answers.

10-4 welcome.
happy to help with what limited information is floating around in my giant noggin

Welcome to the addiction. Lol. We are so fortunate to have so many amazing & knowledgeable members that will help anyway they can!

hah thanks for all the welcomes!

I read on the full member descriptions it said you get discounts at certain stores? Is there a list of which it is and everything that you benefit from specifically?

Just getting all moved in my place and I'm currently looking at getting a 20 gal Nuvo,
was looking at the Fluval edge but it's even tinier and I don't like the small hole that makes it hard to add stuff to it.

Any recommendations? Just looking to add a nice decoration to put on a counter by my kitchen for something to please the eye.

Went to a couple shops to get an idea of what I want but what else am I looking at needing if I did purchase say a Nuvo fusion? The guy at the store said it had everything needed... but is that right?

Thanks for all the help guys, if you wanted to give me directions on where to start once I purchase a tank next week let me know! :)

Welcome to the ARC, be careful, some of us are not rapped to tight, But we know alot about reef tanks.:confused2:

Back