Just wanted to say a word of thanks!

floridaboy704

Market
Reaction score
I know I am new here (and probably posting this in the wrong place) but I have to give credit to everyone for helping me along with my first reef. I was standing there looking at it tonight and I am overwhelmingly proud! I have to say that without you guys answering newbie questions, taking time to share knowledge, and especially Wayb for 3 awesome, awesome free frags to help get me started! I just dont think that some of you actually know how much you help to people starting out in this hobby. Like I said, I have had SW fish for many many years, but never ventured beyond the occasional banded coral shrimp or anemone during my many years in the hobby because corals just seemed too hard and too much involved. Truth be told, its just as easy or easier than having a fish only tank.

My tank is starting to look somewhat alive now. I have gotten most of my "dream list" finally, only a couple more that I would like to have.

Currently I have:

Hammer coral frag (thanks wayb)
2 pom pom xenia (thanks again wayb)
GSP frag
1 purple mushroom
1 tiny purple ric
1 med size beautiful silver ric
3 heads of yellow polyps
1 sm kenya tree frag
6 headed nuclear green zoa frag

:w00t:

The only thing that I know I would like to add is more zoa frags of diff colors, or anything else small enough to stick in there some where. Keep in mind this is only a 24 gallon Aquapod so im a little limited.
Oh yeah, feel free to suggest any cool new additions ;)

Due to my tanks small size I just bought a new 75g reef ready tank and slowly buying my lighting and equipment so that one will be a while to get operational but it also gives my tiny reef time to grow before the huge migration LOL.

I have been thinking about adding miracle grow fertilizer to the tank to see if it would speed up the growth :lol2: just kidding. Everyone told me that waiting to get all the corals added will be the hard part.... Bullchit!!! Its waiting on the corals to grow thats the hard part IMO. Thats why Im getting frags so I can watch it evolve into a reef.

Anyway thanks again and again for answering my questions and im sure I will have more to come in the months ahead. Just thought I would give some thanks!

PS PICS WILL BE POSTED TMW (im stealing my nephew and his excellent digital camera)

Congrats, keep your nano and dont ever upgrade - its a money pit.

Back