kalk reactor advice

a square reactor would work just as fine. just a little bit more work.. also more joints to worry about failing and of course the look, but it would be alot more easier to work with,,, as for the 1/4 inch thickness versus a 1/8 inch... the 1/8 inch is very brittle and cracks under the tinest amount of stress, whereas the 1/4 is a little more forgiving. This is very apparent where the tubing attaches to the curved surface of the tube.. plus the difference in price is only $25 - $30 more

30" tall chamber (1/8") with 3/8" black flanges, uniseals installed, flange drilled for jg fittings (fittings, plumbing, pump not included), all put together for $125. You don't have to do any acrylic work; everything is done for you. you just need to buy the fitings, some pvc and whatever pump and media you want to use.

If you want to go with thicker tube, then the price will reflect that.

If 6 people are in, it can be done this way.

The Kalk has to settle at the bottom so that it doesnt get introduced into the tank right? So in order for this too work the pump would have to be on a timer and would not allow the water to leave the reactor until the pump has been off for awhile right? Thats how I dosed Mrs. Wages in the past. I would mix it,let it settle overnight then let it drip into the tank.

I'm still interested in it and the price seems about right. I know I would like 1/4" for the extra $ it's wortht he extra security from cracking, etc. when you mess with it!

Back