Koi pond

shrimpy brains

Market
Reaction score
So, a couple of years ago, I decided to simplify my life and went from 7 tanks to 1. I guess this caused me to have too much free time, so last on memorial day last year, I started building this!

DSCF5424_zps5eec703d.jpg
alt="" /></a>
DSCF5420_zps635ed434.jpg
alt="" /></a>
DSCF5429_zpsecc4d794.jpg
alt="" /></a>
DSCF5430_zpsccf632df.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMAG0126_zpsrlcf6uk6.jpg
alt="" /></a>
IMAG0125_zpsehowmqqb.jpg
alt="" /></a>

To be continued.......

I do have 1 koi and 2 goldfish. I just need to add more fish, plants and a few more well placed rocks. I will try to get some updated picks this weekend. It has been a fun project and I am sure I will enjoy it for years to come!

Whoa, nice!

Perfect shirt for that pic too!

Thanks all! Hate to say it Hal, but the deck really did bring it all together nicely!

I love that shirt! People are always nice to me when I wear it!

Great job... I can't believe that you dug the whole thing out with a shovel ;-)

Perfect shirt, digging it.

lol Thanks for the compliments! I am very happy with it.

Ben: I have to admit that I dug about a 7x7x1foot hole then gave up and hired the guy down the road. He brought his back hoe and dug out the rest in a couple of hours. Best $150 I ever spent.
Did you ever try to dig in this Georgia red clay? Tough stuff.

Everything else has been done by hand. The liner, plumbing, rock placement, planting, deck building etc. was done by me with lots of help from my 71 year old mother! She works hard!

Wowza!
Very nice a Amy, my hats off to you, not only the talant to create something that nice but the woman power to pull it off your self, with moms help of course.
Remind me never to arm wrestle with you.
By the way, That hole looks a lot deeper than the finished pond looks, what did you fill it back with or should I say who did you fill it back with?!
Out standing diy lady!

MYREEFCLUB0070;1026416 wrote: By the way, That hole looks a lot deeper than the finished pond looks, what did you fill it back with or should I say who did you fill it back with?!

I had to put a buffer in to protect the liner..................right! ;)

Thanks all! It has been hard work, but also fun!

what an appropriate shirt to wear when you're digging a massive hole.

Shrimpy Brains;1026482 wrote: I had to put a buffer in to protect the liner..................right! ;)

Thanks all! It has been hard work, but also fun!

Hay, what ever gets the job done is what I say.....:D

I think you might need to put a disclaimer on this post.
No humans was harmed in the installation of this pond, just to be safe.....lol

lol You think someone might take it serious and they will come dig up my pond?

I guess that wouldn't be funny! No humans or any other living creature were harmed during the building of this pond! Heck, I even doublechecked daily before working and moved the toads that kept coming back and getting in my way!

Back