Koi pond

Shrimpy Brains;1026490 wrote: lol You think someone might take it serious and they will come dig up my pond?

I guess that wouldn't be funny! No humans or any other living creature were harmed during the building of this pond! Heck, I even doublechecked daily before working and moved the toads that kept coming back and getting in my way!

Lmaorotf...was just kidding.....but!

Had to replace the pump, a little murky right now but got it running! Turn up your speakers! Click on pic/video.

a>

very nice, i was if i had birds in the house.
your get a lot done quick, what happened to the pump?

It was a used above ground pump and wore out I reckon. I bought a inground pool pump and hope it will do better.

Aww,,, I could listen to that all day! Love the lilly pads too. Looking great Amy!!!

Thanks Sherri!

A few more rocks and plants, and a hose timer to set up automatic water changes. Some treatment for the water(which I ordered) and some fish. Almost done!

Hope things are going well for your pond, let us know when your ready for fish. If your available to go to the Atlanta Koi Club Auction next Saturday we are going to try to make it. It should be interesting, hope more of our group make it!:D

I was talking to my Mom and she said she'd be interested in going to Koi club thing. Is it an auction? I thought it was more like a walk around and see things kinda convention. Anyway, we might go.

As far as the fish go, I got everything set up and cleaned up. Ordered the praziquantel. Supposed to be here Thursday. I am hoping that fixes the problem. Supposedly one treatment, but a second one 3 days later is also recommended for eggs. I am gonna do 2 treatments then. One Thursday and a second on Sunday, but not sure when I should add fish again.
I am scared of adding them ever again, now. What do you think?

Have you found any of your fish? I think that it is more likely that you had a drop in oxygen or ph overnight from so much rain or your pump problem. I will go ahead and use the Prazi on my pond, that way the fish you get from me will hopefully be parasite free. My fish are big and fat! I think in a few weeks we should try 2 fish and see how it goes. Keep checking your parameters & temperature, if the pond store will check them once in a while that would give you a better feeling about where you are. We would love to meet your mom if you go to the Koi Club meeting.:D

Yes Holly. My 2 goldfish were small. I did finally find the bodies.
My koi had major ulcer issues around his mouth and I had to euthanize it. It was horrible and I feel terrible about it. Seems it had to be flukes or a major bacteria infection, but I could be wrong.

I was over confident in my abilities and knowledge since I have been keeping saltwater forever and this has really taken me back a few pegs.

lol You think someone might take it serious and they will come dig up my pond?

Might not be a bad way to get a second pond dug for free!

Come to think of it, I may "borrow" that idea and get mine dug.... hehehe

Sewer Urchin;1027313 wrote: Might not be a bad way to get a second pond dug for free!

Come to think of it, I may "borrow" that idea and get mine dug.... hehehe

:shades:Not sure I recommend that, Ben!

It could be any number of causes that can kill an outside fish-raccoons, predatory birds, cats, snakes. My sister called me a few years ago and said a big bull frog had one of her 6" koi and only the tail was visable. She was thinking of having frog legs! Don't be afread of continuing with your beautiful pond. :):fish:

The Atlanta Koi Club event this weekend is an auction. There will be fish to buy as well as plants and equipment for sale. Hope you guys can make it. We will be setting up indoors because of the weather so even if it's raining the auction will go on :)

Back