Koralia 2 or 3

maddog

Market
Reaction score
Thinking of buying a Koralia powerhead. Which one would you recomend? The 2 or 3?

75 gallon
rio 2100 return
maxiejet 600 and 1200

mostly softies tank

If you are keeping SPS you probably need at least 1500gph for softies 700-1000gph is enough. Two fours is more than enough. Two 3s would work as well.

which is better? i have never tried koralia would i like to k now you guys opinions on them

I have 3 Koralias 2 threes and 1 four and I love them. I wont buy any other kind of pump for the purpose of increasing flow in my tank.

Tunze are great..but the wife would kill me to drop that kinda money on 1 ph.. I bought 2 4's for my 180(plan on getting more) and I was blown away with the performance of them..

For a fraction of the price..

I have a couple Koralia 3s and 4s and a couple Tunze 6100 pumps.

The Koralia pumps are nice for the money. Quiet, decent flow, good mounting mechanism, nice long cord. The 4s seem to be about right for a 4 foot tank (one on each end). I just got them so I can't speak to their reliability. I think you will need more than the Koralia 4s can produce for a tank longer than 4 feet, however.

I can't speak to the Nano Streams pumps but the Streams 6100 are in a totally different ballpark (and price range :confused2: ).

How about hooking them up to a wavemaker? Can they they take the ware of being turned on an off alot?

They probably can but the noise from the prop clank will probably drive you nuts. Hydor says to not use them on a wavemaker as well.

BTW as a Tunze challenge I put two 6045s on the left and two Koralia 4s on the right of my 6' tank then watched which pump pushed past the half way mark. It isn't really scientiffic, but the K4s manhandled the Tunze nanostreams pushing the water at least 6" from the center of the tank towards the Tunzes.

Thanks for all the help guys. I just ordered two of the Koralia 3s.

Cameron;116307 wrote: They probably can but the noise from the prop clank will probably drive you nuts. Hydor says to not use them on a wavemaker as well.

BTW as a Tunze challenge I put two 6045s on the left and two Koralia 4s on the right of my 6' tank then watched which pump pushed past the half way mark. It isn't really scientiffic, but the K4s manhandled the Tunze nanostreams pushing the water at least 6" from the center of the tank towards the Tunzes.

Modded 6045's or out of the box?

Back