lamp tree

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
So with prices of lamp trees approaching $200 I want to build or have built a DIY light hanger for an AI Sol LED fixture. I still may wait for the Nano model to come out, but leaning toward the full size unit.

Anyway, I was thinking I would just get 2 peices of 3/4" aluminum conduit bent to 90 degrees and attach them either to the stand or to my wall being the stand.

Does anyone have a conduit bender? or know of someone who does pipe bending?

TIA,

I bet if you went to Home Depot they might bend it for you OR I bet you would find a plumber/electrician in the parking lot that would do it for you. They usually have the stand/bender thing attached to the rear bumper

You can buy pre-bent 90 deg pieces of conduit and then join them. Or just bend it in the aisle & buy it =)

They sell the benders in the pipe aisle. They're like $30. I have a 1/2" bender for my loft.

They sell benders at Lowe's -- use it to bend the piece of conduit that you want, then buy the conduit, leaving the bender on the shelf.

Dustin

Here's my lamp tree:

IMG_0494.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks. It's attached to the wall (stud) behind the tank. The end of the pipe rests on the floor so it helps support it as well.

Any way you can post some pics as im looking to do the same...

gmpolan, here are some more pics. Basically you just need a 3/4" peice of conduit and a pipe bender. I made 2 90 degree bends in it, painted it black and strapped it to the wall with one side of the strap in a stud and the other side using sheet rock anchors. 3 straps going down the length of the pipe against the wall.

5d43825b.jpg
alt="" />

4d4e89ab.jpg
alt="" />

044a5c99.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks, everybody. I am pretty happy with it considering I am not very handy at all! :)

See if http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2009-04/diy/index.php">this helps</a>

I saved this a while back when I was looking to build everything... I never cleaned out all my links and remembered it when you were talking about the bent conduit.

Back