Large systems without frag tanks?

ptreef

Market
Reaction score
Anyone have a pro for getting rid of a frag tank? I finally got my newest frag tank plumbed in and glued, only to find multiple fast leaks from bulkheads and previous plumbing I tried to incorporate from when I bought the system. As you can imagine, this is very frustrating and I’m highly considering just moving as much coral to the display and getting rid of the frag tank all together. If I decide this, look out for a big sale thread lol

I figure my only move is to drain it, slide it away from the wall, redo the plumbing that is leaking, and try again

Although I wouldn’t be too against just selling it and all the contents lol

I figure my only move is to drain it, slide it away from the wall, redo the plumbing that is leaking, and try again

Although I wouldn’t be too against just selling it and all the contents lol
I know you've been through the ringer lately, but I say just drain it take a step back and replumb it. Do you think you would be completely happy without a frag tank?

I think I could be content. I like the idea of the frag tank for propagation and selling/trading but I’m also not sure I’m in the right place for it, with my frag tank stocked full of the same corals I’ve been selling for years without buying much to diversify. So if it weren’t for having a backup on corals that are in the display, I might opt for not having a frag tank for a while. That being said, I’m sure I’ll pull the tank out to re-plumb eventually

For myself, I don't trust other people's plumbing in my house, including bulkheads. I can't stand the look of frag racks in my display, I get rid of them and then I end up getting one in the display play again. I love the look of a display that is just a display, clean.

Back