LED Fixture

guerry

Market
Reaction score
Hi eveyone, Thought I might show off my latest LED fixture build. This setup is for my frag system so to start I orderred a 36"x10" heat sink and asortment for emitters consisting of cool white, royal blues, reds and greens. heres pic of heatsink
IMG_1594.jpg
alt="" />
next it was time to layout 96 3watt emitters
IMG_1595.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_1598.jpg
alt="" />
with basic wiring now done I started with frame build to support cover and orther components
IMG_1603.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_1604.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_1606.jpg
alt="" />
then it was time to build cover, I used 1/4" black arcylic for this heres pic of parts cut and ready for sovent welding
IMG_1607.jpg
alt="" />
and here you have it one cover
IMG_1610.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_1611.jpg
alt="" />
ok more later stay tuned

That thing looks great! What are the white rectangles in the 4th pic, thermal switches? And where do you buy your LEDs?

those are resiters, for this build I decided to run 24 emitters to one driver

Edit: here's pictures of finished wiring and ready to install
IMG_0471-1.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0472-1.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0473-1.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0474-1.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0476-1.jpg
alt="" />

mate....this looks awesome. very clean work. do you mind if I ask how much this all cost ?

Nice work, looks way cleaner and polished than my DIY LED build. Kudos

Yea, I am looking at cost here.. how much was it total? a cost break down if possible would be nice...

looks clean.. would love to slip that in to my canopy

Thanks eveyone, I'm happy with how this one turned out as for price I've got under $800 in this one.

Smallblock thats just a cheep KB 100 th dome piston I perfer JE for my racing engines

Grouper yell it's still here just waiting for you come and pick her up

well with everything built it was time for install, first to remove old lighting
IMG_0477-1.jpg
alt="" />
now I had set my new centers for hanging kit and install support backets
IMG_0478-1.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0479-1.jpg
alt="" />
so now the hard part, not having 6 hands and not going to trust my wife to hold things up I build temp. stands
IMG_0480-1.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0481-1.jpg
alt="" />
that was the ticket and here is fixture hanging on it's own
IMG_0482-1.jpg
alt="" />
So here's what we've all been waiting to
IMG_0488-1.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0492-1.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0486-1.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0491.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0487-1.jpg
alt="" />
so here's the low down, par is 300 at bottom of tank with controller set at 40% blue,red and green 30% coolwhite and I have not turned on the 24 mid day emitters yet. Also all the pic's above have no blue balance adjustment on camera and no phote shop, all other LED photes I've taken whether my DT tank or others have always needed alot of blue balance within the camera

Back