LED heatsinks

Where is the sense of adventure in that? LOMAO!
MorganAtlanta;640442 wrote: Probably unnecessary. Mine barely get warm with the canopy open. With the canopy closed, a several cheap CPU fans (running at half speed so they are quiet) take care of it.

McPhock;639424 wrote: Why use aluminum when you can use copper? This is what I'm going to use for my freshwater LED build!

http://www.amazon.com/Copper-Rectangular-Thick-Width-Length/dp/B000H9N6FU/ref=sr_1_39?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1303823181&sr=1-39">Amazon.com: Copper 110 Rectangular Bar, ASTM B187, 1/8" Thick, 1" Width, 48" Length: Industrial & Scientific</a>

There are many different lengths, thicknesses and widths. I'm sure there is some combination of them that suits your needs.[/QUOTE]

Copper cost 15 times as much

McPhock;640570 wrote: Are you saying an equal piece of aluminum would only cost $1.288?

Well aren't you just the smart one at math. I am saying that a pound of copper sales for about $4.50 right now and aluminum is going for about $.60 right now. So I guess that copper cost 7.5 times as much, does that make you feel better. I hope that enlighten you. But on a serious note, copper does dilac heat very well. But if you have a ref tank and for some odd reason your copper heat sink fell into your tank, say bye bye to all your coral and inverts.

Smile, and buy the aluminum one

Back